Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magimix nespresso pixie

• 07-08-2016 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭

I've just inherited a Magimix Nespresso Pixie machine, with no manual and have never used one.... so I've a few questions if you don't mind....

I gather it's not a good idea to wash the bits of the machine in the dishwasher, is that correct? I soaked them and washed then by hand, but how can i clean the innards of the machine?

Am i right in thinking there are rip-off pods that will fit the machine but not be so expensive so the original nespresso ones? Is the coffee in these rubbish?? I normally drink lavazza rosso from a stove-top moka pot, or the Aldi Ethiopian coffee from a cafetiere, so I'm not exactly a connoisseur, but i do like my coffee - so any recommendations would be very welcome.

If the nespresso pods really are the best, what's the best value source of them?

Thanks very much in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I don't own it, so can't answer your questions, but here is a link to the manual: magimix.uk.com/files/prod_1771/PIXIE_2014_12_01.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Get some descaling fluid and run it through the machine and you should be sorted.
    Depending on how much you use the machine you need to do this every 6-12 months.

I wouldn't recommend the compatible capsules as they are made of plastic and cause issues in the machine in my experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RCCTmZPANk

Advertisement