Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando in October

Options
  • 06-08-2016 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I'm heading to Orlando at the end of October for 14 days . Has anyone gone at this time of the year? I've read online that the weather is still quite good? Also I have already purchased park tickets and I have free breakfast each morning in my hotel. Myself and my partner are planning to get €2000 changed to $ will that be enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    I'm heading to Orlando at the end of October for 14 days . Has anyone gone at this time of the year? I've read online that the weather is still quite good? Also I have already purchased park tickets and I have free breakfast each morning in my hotel. Myself and my partner are planning to get €2000 changed to $ will that be enough?

Bring the credit card to be safe. You don't want to be watching your money especially if its your first time there. I'd bring another 500 each.

Did you rent a car?

The weather is great too. Still mad hot but not too humid.

Make sure you do Fright Night at Universal.

Do a beach if you have a car. Cocoa beach is the closest. It's a nice break from the parks. Go to WalMart and get enough for a picnic on the beach you'll save loads of money and its something different.

Get ready for the xmas songs at the pool on the 1st of November. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I have been there in November and it was still on the warm side (low 20s)

I would bring a credit card instead of changing and carrying around large amounts of cash

Orlando especially the parks will be very busy the weekend of Halloween so bear that in mind

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rossie1977 wrote: »
    I would bring a credit card instead of changing and carrying around large amounts of cash
    Bring the credit card to be safe. You don't want to be watching your money especially if its your first time there. I'd bring another 500 each.

An Post do currency cards, which can be used in the same places as Mastercards, so might be handy over bringing over too much cash, and you can top the currency cards up online too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I found the Halloween Horror Nights at Universal a bit of a waste of time. They sell way too many tickets and the lines for the houses and rides are a lot longer than they are during the day. it does look well and I'd say it would be brilliant if it wasn't so busy.

Ive been to Orlando in January, May and October and October was by far my favourite in terms of weather/crowd levels.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement

I found the Halloween Horror Nights at Universal a bit of a waste of time. They sell way too many tickets and the lines for the houses and rides are a lot longer than they are during the day. it does look well and I'd say it would be brilliant if it wasn't so busy.

Ive been to Orlando in January, May and October and October was by far my favourite in terms of weather/crowd levels.

Enjoy!

I went to a Horror Night last September last and it was horrendous. The worst I've ever experienced it with regards to queues. I've done it in late October and it was no where near as bad, 15 minute queues in most houses early in the evening! I preferred it when it was in Islands of Adventure too. But, yeah, the plus side is no queues for the regular rides. I did The Mummy about 10 times in a row one year. :p

I'll be doing a horror night at Busch Gardens this year as I'm staying in Tampa for a few days. I'll report back!

Anyone else notice the cost of car hire has gone through the roof in the last few years?

Advertisement