Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63DV Perimeter alarm

Options
  • 07-08-2016 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

yesterday the alarm went off (forgot to disarm). The log showed zone 7 shock perimeter.
    The dialer didn't call me either. So I assume this zone is set as perimeter zone. ( not sure what it means).

Can I change the zone to a normal zone mode? if so how? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

That description isn't something an astec panel can display. Are you sure it's an Astec panel?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We would need some more information on this.
    If it's an Astec system could it be a 49/D/DVD or a Fusion?
    These are the only panels that would have a zone 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blue2006

It is a 49DV. The log said sensor perimeter, sorry no shock. From the manual it seems that you can put a zone as perimeter with command 35, can I just remove it using the command 35?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Really no need for that to be on. Leave it off on all zones and you should get notifications after the normal 20 second delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blue2006

KoolKid wrote: »
    Really no need for that to be on. Leave it off on all zones and you should get notifications after the normal 20 second delay.

done thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement