Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need some tips

Options
  • 07-08-2016 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi so i need a few tips , i just purchased an istick pico and i have an aspire cleito tank attached to it , i poured a few drops of max vg pure evil liquid into the coil to prime it first then filled the tank , i made sure to close the air flow when filling it incase it leaked...but i been trying to vape it for a while now and i'm not getting much vapour just the taste of the juice , im using wattage mode at 30watts so far...what settings is best for a max vg juice like pure evil? I presume i went wrong somewhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

The Cleito 0.4ohm coil is rated at 40-60W & the 0.2 at 55-70W.

Start at 40W and go up from there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You should get plumes of vapour with the Cleito, especially with the airflow wide open [I take it you do have?] - and like mossy suggests, try 40w+, 30 is too weak for those coils. Don't be wary, it'll be a much nicer vape. The coils have no trouble keeping up with high VG, all I vape is 80VG juices.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

You should get plumes of vapour with the Cleito, especially with the airflow wide open [I take it you do have?] - and like mossy suggests, try 40w+, 30 is too weak for those coils. Don't be wary, it'll be a much nicer vape. The coils have no trouble keeping up with high VG, all I vape is 80VG juices.

yes i have air flow fully open , i only close it when i fill the tank , its a 0.4 coil and i have a spare 0.2 coil aswell , i had it set at 35w just to break in the coil and let the cotton saturate more until i set it for 40w , speaking of which...i was told to prime by putting a few drops inside the top hole of the coil which i did , but should i have primed the sides a bit where the cotton holes shows aswell?

yes i have air flow fully open , i only close it when i fill the tank , its a 0.4 coil and i have a spare 0.2 coil aswell , i had it set at 35w just to break in the coil and let the cotton saturate more until i set it for 40w , speaking of which...i was told to prime by putting a few drops inside the top hole of the coil which i did , but should i have primed the sides a bit where the cotton holes shows aswell?

yeah, I would stick some juice on the slots too. I don't actually use the pre-made coils anymore, since I got the RBA section. But when I did, I much preferred the 0.4 coils to the 0.2. My 0.2 ones had a weird rubbery taste that took ages to shift. Try bumping to 45 - 50w, see how it goes

yeah, I would stick some juice on the slots too. I don't actually use the pre-made coils anymore, since I got the RBA section. But when I did, I much preferred the 0.4 coils to the 0.2. My 0.2 ones had a weird rubbery taste that took ages to shift. Try bumping to 45 - 50w, see how it goes

Just getting used to 40w for now , and also quick question about the batteries , there a samsung 18650 battery but they dont last long , is there anywhere i can get a safe battery charger?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Hi so i need a few tips , i just purchased an istick pico and i have an aspire cleito tank attached to it , i poured a few drops of max vg pure evil liquid into the coil to prime it first then filled the tank , i made sure to close the air flow when filling it incase it leaked...but i been trying to vape it for a while now and i'm not getting much vapour just the taste of the juice , im using wattage mode at 30watts so far...what settings is best for a max vg juice like pure evil? I presume i went wrong somewhere

I've never in my life had to prime a coil. I've tried it many times ending in the mess you have on your hands here. I've used several makes and manufacturers for a couple years now(and prefer EC and atlantis coils and Kanger SS coils). Simply fill the tank, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, and vape it. Cotton absorbs liquid rapidly(which is how you can vape at high wattage multiple times before most sub ohm coils run dry). Either blow that coil out carefully, or dip some cotton down the center of it to absorb the extra liquid, then vape her.

Reindeer wrote: »
    I've never in my life had to prime a coil. I've tried it many times ending in the mess you have on your hands here. I've used several makes and manufacturers for a couple years now(and prefer EC and atlantis coils and Kanger SS coils). Simply fill the tank, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, and vape it. Cotton absorbs liquid rapidly(which is how you can vape at high wattage multiple times before most sub ohm coils run dry). Either blow that coil out carefully, or dip some cotton down the center of it to absorb the extra liquid, then vape her.

I have always primed coils, and never had to wait 10 minutes for a tank to settle. It's personal preference, priming the coil just speeds up the process. Neither way is wrong. Once your tank wicks well, job done.

I have always primed coils, and never had to wait 10 minutes for a tank to settle. It's personal preference, priming the coil just speeds up the process. Neither way is wrong. Once your tank wicks well, job done.

Wrong... Right... One way never floods the coil...;)

Reindeer wrote: »
    Wrong... Right... One way never floods the coil...;)

I have never flooded a new coil, so you're doing something wrong. Priming a coil is pretty much a drop on each juice intake for me and a quick circle around the cotton up top. I don't use any pre-made coils nowadays anyway, all rebuilds. And you always prime those.

Coincidentally, Twisted420 just put up a vid today about priming coils for newer vapers

• Advertisement

It's a tip for beginners is the idea. In any case, there is never a need to prime coils unless you have no patience. Someone at a vape shop in Dublin did a coil on my partners pico(guess where i got it from) and i had to walk her through clearing it out with aqtip to stop the crackling. Had this not just happened,i would have walked away from this thread.

What really confuses me is folks on the YouTube priming the outside of a coil. How is that meant to be any faster than saturating a coil by dunking it in liquid? That makes zero sense. By the time you've fiddled with the coil and juice, mines already been in the tank and soaking for a minute.
    I have never flooded a new coil, so you're doing something wrong. Priming a coil is pretty much a drop on each juice intake for me and a quick circle around the cotton up top. I don't use any pre-made coils nowadays anyway, all rebuilds. And you always prime those.

Coincidentally, Twisted420 just put up a vid today about priming coils for newer vapers

It takes me about 10 seconds to prime a coil, without getting juice anywhere. Not sure what you're doing doing, but it's a standard thing tbh. Don't know who told you not priming and waiting 10-15 minutes was a thing, but .... whatever works.

Thanks for the tips all , i got the hang of this vapour and tank now so now its producing a very good vape

Advertisement