Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 202 main event viewing options

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Zymurgist wrote: »
    So to be clear if you sign up to setanta go using the link in this thread you can watch BT Sport online or via the eir sport app, using your Virgin Media internet?

Yup!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

ASOT wrote: »
    You can with the Eir Sport app.

Really? When I tried the EIR app it was looking for an account number to log in. For setanta go all you use is an email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I seen on TM earlier there is a viewing party in the red cow in Dublin. Tickets start at €20.

Might help some of you or those of you who don't want to come over to the illegal darkside of watching events :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hey does anyone know, will the fight be available to view in full on youtube at say 8am or 9am sunday 21st ireland time?? Although i do want to see the fight live at 5am as a last resort i could maybe live with watching it first thing in the morning as long as i can avoid knowing the outcome. Cheers.

Hey does anyone know, will the fight be available to view in full on youtube at say 8am or 9am sunday 21st ireland time?? Although i do want to see the fight live at 5am as a last resort i could maybe live with watching it first thing in the morning as long as i can avoid knowing the outcome. Cheers.

48 hour wait for UFC.com and youtube AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I see that the red cow is selling tks now. Anyone know what this was like for his previous fights and if they served alcohol throughout all the way to 5am??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Are there any countries in which you can buy PPV's via UFC.tv now, or are they blacked out everywhere?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I've just signed up for the setantago 1 month thing and it doesn't seem to want to load a stream of a channel. Trying a different browser now.

EDIT: It's not working on firefox either. Anyone else having issues getting setanta go to work on Windows 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    Are there any countries in which you can buy PPV's via UFC.tv now, or are they blacked out everywhere?
    UK and Irelamd only blacked out because of the BT deal. You can buy them in most countries that don't have a deal in place for numbered events.
    Australia, USA, Hong Kong etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mellor wrote: »
    UK and Irelamd only blacked out because of the BT deal. You can buy them in most countries that don't have a deal in place for numbered events.
    Australia, USA, Hong Kong etc

Time for a holiday I think. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Paully D wrote: »
    Time for a holiday I think. :pac:

I'd visit Hong Kong ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

snip

Mod edit - Banned - no talk of ilegal streaming, VPN's etc. Posted it in numerous places warning people

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I've just signed up for the setantago 1 month thing and it doesn't seem to want to load a stream of a channel. Trying a different browser now.

EDIT: It's not working on firefox either. Anyone else having issues getting setanta go to work on Windows 10?

Just bumping this, anyone else having problems with setanta go? Have submitted a ticket and not heard back from them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Just bumping this, anyone else having problems with setanta go? Have submitted a ticket and not heard back from them yet

I tried it earlier and when I submitted my details I got an error message. No money has been taken from my account but when I've attempted to repeat the application again it said that my username was already taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Ya i tried it in work and got a 'Not available in your region' message.

Just tried it at home and it worked ok.

Using chrome in both places.

What kind of error u getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

looks like the Setanta Go option is no longer available (for the way virgin customers intended at least).

How virgin have allowed things to get to this stage is outrageous.

paulieeye wrote: »
    Ya i tried it in work and got a 'Not available in your region' message.

Just tried it at home and it worked ok.

Using chrome in both places.

What kind of error u getting?

I tried it again on Microsoft Edge, the Windows 10 browser and it works. Very weird. Must be silverlight issues with Chrome and Firefox.

Seems to be a very dodgy service though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kaylen.

Lads whats the options here now. Setanta go isnt available. If rather find a legal way of watching this . Im more suprised that eir sports didnt leave the option to buy the fight online . Surely its a better option for them to let us purchase the event like on fight pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭prodigy1

Lads, just tried to get the setanta go (https://www.setantago.com/subscribe/new-customer) and its coming up "the requested page cant be found" on the setanta page. Is this now gone? I have virgin broadband, is this the problem?? Absolute nightmare!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Gene_Parmesan

prodigy1 wrote: »
    Lads, just tried to get the setanta go (https://www.setantago.com/subscribe/new-customer) and its coming up "the requested page cant be found" on the setanta page. Is this now gone? I have virgin broadband, is this the problem?? Absolute nightmare!!:mad:

I think they have changed their sign-up method. You can no longer sign up with an email address, you need a sky viewing card. I signed up with an email address as soon as I saw it in this thread last week and it works okay for me. I have Virgin broadband as well so I don;t think that's the issue, they just seem to have changed the sign-up mechanism. Not sure why they would require a sky viewing card tbh.

• Advertisement

I think they have changed their sign-up method. You can no longer sign up with an email address, you need a sky viewing card. I signed up with an email address as soon as I saw it in this thread last week and it works okay for me. I have Virgin broadband as well so I don;t think that's the issue, they just seem to have changed the sign-up mechanism. Not sure why they would require a sky viewing card tbh.

Yeah that is what it looks like. However, it does not tell you how much it costs etc? I dont want a yearly subscription. When you have a look at it there are no subscription options, doest really explain!! Any help or advice on this would be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Watched the last few live on YouTube. HD quality no drop in service and can rewatch as often as you like afterwards. 20 quid iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

froog wrote: »
    Watched the last few live on YouTube. HD quality no drop in service and can rewatch as often as you like afterwards. 20 quid iirc.

I would assume that options gone with the blackout, but it should be up in a day or so to actually see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

If i find someone with eir broadband. Do they set up an account to watch online and give me the login details?

Is it that simple?

If i find someone with eir broadband. Do they set up an account to watch online and give me the login details?

Is it that simple?

Can you get it with it through Sky if your with Virgin broadband...? if that makes sense. Like the Eir 2o odd euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Can you get it with it through Sky if your with Virgin broadband...? if that makes sense. Like the Eir 2o odd euro

I would guess you can like over here, you can pay BT £20pm to add the sports channels to your sky box if you don't have BT broadband. Eir are pretty much copying BT's tactics so I don't know why they wouldn't include that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I checked the youtube and it said not available in your region.

If its not on fightpass I don't see how itll be on youtube.

Whole loada crap, meaning they most likely wont get my money (which i've been pumping into em the last 6 months between ppvs and fight pass, they've lost it all)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Gene_Parmesan

Yeah that is what it looks like. However, it does not tell you how much it costs etc? I dont want a yearly subscription. When you have a look at it there are no subscription options, doest really explain!! Any help or advice on this would be great!!

I don't actually know too much about it but when you try to sign up with the new method it brings you to the following page: https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/

the green option on the right offers a €25 monthly contract. You need a sky box number in order to avail of it but I'm sure you could just use a friend's number or whatever. Also you can nominate either 1 or 2 additional devices to use the service through so maybe you could share it with a friend. I haven't looked at this part of the service in the slightest though so can't give much info on it.

Careful with signing up to Eirsport, I think there is a 2 month minimum sign up period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

so just to clarify my friend subscribed to fight pass this week but because we are in Ireland we cant watch the ppv using fightpass ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ricero wrote: »
    so just to clarify my friend subscribed to fight pass this week but because we are in Ireland we cant watch the ppv using fightpass ?

Fight pass never included the PPV - it was for prelims and for fight night events. You still had to purchase the PPV sepearately from ufc.tv but that is not possible for UFC202 due to tv rights deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Correct, it'll be geoblocked

ricero wrote: »

You could never watch the PPV on fight pass, only fight nights, unfortunately that is no longer an option either until 48 hours after the event. All Fight Pass is now is a fight library and early pre-lims. You get other programming too but that's not what people generally subscribe for.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

Does anyone know how to change the stream to high definition on the eir sport web page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Is there a simple yes/no answer to if a virgin media customer can legally watch this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Is there a simple yes/no answer to if a virgin media customer can legally watch this?

At this point in time. No, there is no way to legally watch it.

CardinalJ wrote: »

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

edit : nvm I understand it now

What a way to fook over half the population like haha

I have sky,
    but dont have sports channels on it,

is it possible just to buy a ppv for that night on bt sport 2 or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

wtf no more PPV on youtube too? **** the UFC, seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

I have sky,

No. Afaik you need an Eir Sports subscription. You can add this for free if you have Eir broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Well folks,

Could someone give me some options to how I can watch the fight? Im Brutal with this stuff and its my first one to order in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

froog wrote: »
    wtf no more PPV on youtube too? **** the UFC, seriously.

Blame eir and virgin media

Eir for paying to have McGregor's fights exclusive to them

Virgin Media for failing to come up with a deal to have eir on their platform

Nothing to do with the ufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Its all Virgins fault for not agreeing a deal, if sky could they could they obviously wouldnt pay up and now they just screwed themselves the amount of people who cancelled would be through the roof id imagine, i know my parents cancelled out of principle, and judging by boards a hell of a lot more people did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

I have sky,

theteal wrote: »
    No. Afaik you need an Eir Sports subscription. You can add this for free if you have Eir broadband

If you have Sky, then you can subscribe to the Eir Sport package for 2 months which will cost €50 in total.

€50 is the same price as the PPV in other European countries, so it is much the same. You just won't get the Fightpass Prelims, although you don't get those if you buy the PPV anyway. You have to have a Fightpass Subscription too.

What I'm trying to find out though is this:

If I subscribe to the Eir Sport package with my Sky viewing card, watch the fight on Saturday, and then cancel on Monday within the cooling off period, do I get my money back?

C-Shore wrote: »
    If you have Sky, then you can subscribe to the Eir Sport package for 2 months which will cost €50 in total.

€50 is the same price as the PPV in other European countries, so it is much the same. You just won't get the Fightpass Prelims, although you don't get those if you buy the PPV anyway. You have to have a Fightpass Subscription too.

What I'm trying to find out though is this:

If I subscribe to the Eir Sport package with my Sky viewing card, watch the fight on Saturday, and then cancel on Monday within the cooling off period, do I get my money back?

So you're asking can you watch if for free? I'd imagine the answer to that questions is no, and rightfully so.

• Advertisement

So you're asking can you watch if for free? I'd imagine the answer to that questions is no, and rightfully so.

Either way I'm ordering it and cancelling it once I've watched the fight.

I just don't know what the process is by law in terms of refunds when it's cancelled within the cooling off period:

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/your-rights-online
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/services-contracts

My understanding is the same as yours. I don't think you get your money back based on the supply of services within that period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

C-Shore wrote: »
    Either way I'm ordering it and cancelling it once I've watched the fight.

I just don't know what the process is by law in terms of refunds when it's cancelled within the cooling off period:

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/your-rights-online
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/services-contracts

My understanding is the same as yours. I don't think you get your money back based on the supply of services within that period.

Afaik with eir sport you're in a minimum 2 months contract..

The second they supply with and you subsequently watch the service, you're paying for 2 months.. I think..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Afaik with eir sport you're in a minimum 2 months contract..

Yeah it is the 2 months, so €50 in total.
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    The second they supply with and you subsequently watch the service, you're paying for 2 months.. I think..

That's the bit I wasn't sure about, but I'm pretty sure it's as soon as you're able to watch the service, they've provided the service, and so you pay anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

If you know anybody that has sky and has been signed up to setanta you can watch it online via setantago. Each sky card number gives you access on 2 different devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

So... I have a laptop and I have a sky card of a mate. Can I sign up to setantago with this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement