Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No tax, insurance, NCT

• 07-08-2016 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My flatmate has just been caught driving with none of the above and his car taken. I noticed a while back he had photocopied (poorly) discs displayed and the guards saw and took those too. I assume he will have his day in court for the motor and insurance fraud offences but he is so ignorantly chilled about it all he reckons pay up to date what he owes and hes off free with rhe car returned. So what exactly is in store for him?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭alane20

A 12 month ban at the very least, I think judges get more annoyed about fake disks than no disks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

great to see him getting caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I would say he us gonna get a serious hefty fine and either a heap of points or a driving ban. Really depends on the judge and whether it's his first time in court for motoring offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gmax

great to see him getting caught

Even though hes a good friend I agree. I do think even with a driving ban he will continue driving, I suspect he is currently serving a ban as he said he got done before but no penalty from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Gmax wrote: »
    Even though hes a good friend I agree. I do think even with a driving ban he will continue driving, I suspect he is currently serving a ban as he said he got done before but no penalty from it

You might need a new flat mate if he was driving while banned as he could be getting some state provided accommodation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭koutoubia

was in court before in court before and one guy was brought up who was caught driving on the last day of his driving ban.
    Judge handed him a a 30 year ban and told him if he appeared in court again for traffic offences he would be getting some time inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

My flatmate has just been caught driving with none of the above and his car taken. I noticed a while back he had photocopied (poorly) discs displayed and the guards saw and took those too. I assume he will have his day in court for the motor and insurance fraud offences but he is so ignorantly chilled about it all he reckons pay up to date what he owes and hes off free with rhe car returned. So what exactly is in store for him?

He can pick up his car anytime.

Fact that they towed it away for driving with not tax, insurance, nct, licence, etc, doesn't make a difference that car is his and he is entitled to get it back, even if he doesn't pay up tax or insurance or NCT.

Obviously he can't drive it away, but he can take it on a towing truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

..... he is so ignorantly chilled about it all he reckons pay up to date what he owes and hes off free with rhe car returned.

He really is clueless. And let's not forget that the rest of us pay for his recklessness when the MIBI pays out claims for uninsured drivers.
    So what exactly is in store for him?

He will get a massive fine for no insurance, even bigger if he had fake discs up and if he was driving while disqualified, he will get a big 'top up' - something like 5-10 years.

His long term outlook is very poor because even if does eventually get sense, he will find it almost impossible to get quoted for insurance with his record.

Advertisement