Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf club reshafting in Drogheda area...

Options
  • 07-08-2016 1:19pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

(I think re-shafting is the right word).

Hey guys,

The grip on my brother's favorite putter cracked badly a few days back, slitting right up the middle creating a foot long gash in it. I've been tasked with finding someone who'll replace it for him. We're guessing it would be cheaper to just get a new grip put onto the club, rather than buying a new club, but not sure where to get it done.

A quick Google shows me that the Piltown driving range does it, and there's the Halpenny's Store that might, but there's no prices or anything on their sites, and the latter doesn't specifically say they do repairs; they say they do custom fittings but not sure if they'll take an old club and fix it.

Any suggestions or warnings? In the Colpe area so preferably somewhere round Drogheda :) Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Lord TSC wrote: »
    (I think re-shafting is the right word).

Hey guys,

The grip on my brother's favorite putter cracked badly a few days back, slitting right up the middle creating a foot long gash in it. I've been tasked with finding someone who'll replace it for him. We're guessing it would be cheaper to just get a new grip put onto the club, rather than buying a new club, but not sure where to get it done.

A quick Google shows me that the Piltown driving range does it, and there's the Halpenny's Store that might, but there's no prices or anything on their sites, and the latter doesn't specifically say they do repairs; they say they do custom fittings but not sure if they'll take an old club and fix it.

Any suggestions or warnings? In the Colpe area so preferably somewhere round Drogheda :) Thanks.

There's a shop along the quays near scotch hall, "the golf bag" should do the job, used to be in the abbey center and I know they did grips and shafts when they were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

The pro in Laytown/Bettystown - www.scottkirkpatrick-golf.com.

He's re-gripped a few clubs for me and replaced a putter shaft.

Advertisement