Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will grass spread to fill in gap in lawn?

Options
  • 07-08-2016 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Will grass spread to fill in a gap in a lawn? If so – roughly how long would this take?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You would really be better seeding the gaps. Weeds will grow through the gaps long before grass will.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

Will grass spread to fill in a gap in a lawn? If so – roughly how long would this take?

Thanks.

My daughter's dog and rabbits regularly put holes in the lawn. Unless you're very patient, quickest solution is to square off the hole, dig in a small bit of compost, and add fresh sods of grass. For a big area these can be picked up in a garden centre. For smaller areas, I keep the bits left over edging the lawn. You can also buy lawn repair kits which are a mixture of seed, compost and fertiliser and work a bit quicker than just re-seeding, but I find putting in new sods easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Worztron

Cheers for the info Srameen & smacl.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement