Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerously faulty hedge trimmer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭fox0512

..... If you intend to start an argument with Stihl I would advise not to waist your time and money and the same applies to the hire company... humongous small print grey area....its annoying if you hire bad gear not to mention an injury on top....I deal with dangerous machines day in day out, anything that doesnt kill me I put down to experience and move on...Garden war wound :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

fox0512 wrote: »
    ..... If you intend to start an argument with Stihl I would advise not to waist your time and money and the same applies to the hire company... humongous small print grey area....its annoying if you hire bad gear not to mention an injury on top....I deal with dangerous machines day in day out, anything that doesnt kill me I put down to experience and move on...Garden war wound :)

Fair enough, but have you ever seen a manual to a petrol powered bladed device that suggests you can adjust the blade with the engine running? To me it seems like a serious balls up in the manual, which coupled with incorrect idling speed on the hire kit is all a bit shoddy. That said, also depends who mixed the fuel, as that can have a knock on effect on the idling speed on a two stroke engine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

_Brian wrote: »
    The manual for the sthil hedge trimmer
    here's another thing - was it a genuine stihl?
    i've seen 'sthil' chainsaws for sale at fairyhouse market, presumably chinese knockoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭fox0512

Hmmm.. Yes agreed... Under no circumstances should blade be adjusted while engine running and am surprised that a manual would suggest that...

Advertisement