Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of developing a website for a Residents Association?

Options
  • 07-08-2016 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Just trying to get a handle on the cost getting a website. Nothing too complicated - maybe something like this http://beaumontresidents.ie/

Any advice would be appreciated,

Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

If you want to build a website from scratch, website development costs at least 120 Euro per day. It can rise to 300 Euro per day, if you will need your own database of users and any functionality associated with it.

If you want to hire someone to use tools like squarespace.com, then a realistic cost is around 100 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

beaumontresidents site is using WordPress with a theme called multipurpose.

You could probably do it yourself, then the cost is how much do you value your time.
    So you need to learn how to do it yourself or pay to get the site set up properly.

Before you start write a comprehensive list of all the pages and functions you want include security and backups.
    Give a an example site or two and get some quotes.
    You should be able to get someone to set the site up with the pages you want and a contact form and show you how to add the content for the other pages. This would minimise your external cost and give you a site that you can more easily maintain yourself.

There is a sticky on the design forum for this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055802922

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It will cost you about the same as a second-hand car. You can pick up something cheap and cheerful for well under a grand, or you can something powerful with lots of features from a dealer for mid 5 figures.

The real questions are (1) what do you need the website to do (primary and secondary goals of the site) and (2) what's your projected budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

website development costs at least 120 Euro per day. It can rise to 300 Euro per day

If you hire a student...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Newman35

My advice would be to go to a web development company and get a quote, there are loads out offering free quotes. I dealt with a company in the past for a massive project in 2013, I referred the company to a few friends and they all seemed happy with the price, I checked them up for you and can see they are doing some special offers like 199 for a site, give them a call, google dot moby or dotmoby.com you should find them. The other company I know is enhance.ie, but I wouldn't go near them, one of my mates had a bad experience with them, but know harm getting a quote off them for research purposes even. If you are serious about your site, it’s better to leave it to the experts. It’s worth it in the long run.

• Advertisement
Advertisement