Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for a Dublin newbie?

Options
  • 07-08-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys, recently moved to Ranelagh. Do you have any wisdom to share with me? :)

At the moment, I'm investigating stuff to keep myself busy in the evenings. Volunteering, salsa dancing, maybe meetup groups. I'd like to make new friends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Nonsent wrote: »
    Hi guys, recently moved to Ranelagh. Do you have any wisdom to share with me? :)

At the moment, I'm investigating stuff to keep myself busy in the evenings. Volunteering, salsa dancing, maybe meetup groups. I'd like to make new friends.

Say bye bye to your money's living there! Ha by way better off posting this in Dublin City forum all muck savages in here will hate on ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Don't share needles and ask everyone you see for spare change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nonsent

Yeah, it's expensive, but the location is perfect for where I'm working. And I've been on the internet for a while, I relish being attacked by muck savages.

Yeah, it's expensive, but the location is perfect for where I'm working. And I've been on the internet for a while, I relish being attacked by muck savages.

I lived on Killeen Road most my life down Road from Ranelagh. Rathmines and Ranelagh fairly different since I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nonsent

I lived on Killeen Road most my life down Road from Ranelagh. Rathmines and Ranelagh fairly different since I left.

Cool, what were they like in the past? I know Rathmines is studenty now, and Ranelagh has a reputation for housing yuppies.

Anything you'd recommend seeing or doing in the area?

• Advertisement

Cool, what were they like in the past? I know Rathmines is studenty now, and Ranelagh has a reputation for housing yuppies.

Anything you'd recommend seeing or doing in the area?

Rathmines was always likr that but it's gotten a lot darker and messy looking last few times been in it especially at night. Bloody cafes all over it as well.

Ranelagh was always seen as snobby etc but it has a lot of places to eat drink etc if you have few euro.

As in where to go both places are fairly different to when I lived there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Never cross the liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I'm gonna ask the questions everybody else is too polite to.
    Male or female?
    Age bracket?
    Where are you from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Don't eat yellow snow, and never feed the hyenas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

s4uv3 wrote: »
    I'm gonna ask the questions everybody else is too polite to.
    Male or female?
    Age bracket?
    Where are you from?

Thank god somebody did it

***** waits patiently to see if its a woman ***

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Ronald Wilson Reagan

Have you gotten vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Never cross the liffey.

Good advice, no matter where you live....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to the Dublin forum. Please read the local charter before posting.

Advertisement