Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrigaholt shop?

• 07-08-2016 9:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of renting a holiday home in carrigaholt. On looking at Google maps, I dont see a shop anywhere. There seem to be about 4 pubs but nowhere that sells a pint of milk and a newspaper. Is there a shop in Carrigaholt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Athdara

The local shop is part of Keanes pub. You'll get the basics there. There's 4 pubs- Keanes, Carmodys, Morrisseys & The Long Dock which is more a restaurant than a pub. There is a separate Post Office. Nearest town is Kilkee about 6 miles away. Which has bigger shops with a greater variety. Kilrush is another 8 miles which has Aldi, Tesco & Supervalu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Keanes. Unique, one of the few places left with a bar and shop along the one counter!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

...and dont forget the chipper across from Morrisseys who own the chip and also sell newspapers. Lovely village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Four pubs and half a shop. Paddy sure has his priorities right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,471 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Also, be careful driving around this part of Clare, there aren't very many petrol stations in that part of the world.

I was at loop head recently and was told the closest petrol station was in Kilrush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

There is a new Petrol station open in Kilkee now

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Athdara

Nearest petrol station is the Kerry Coop Store 2 miles away but only open Mon-Fri 8-5 & 9-12 on a Saturday. Kilkees petrol station has now moved to a bigger premises & is now open 7 days from 7am. Up to a few months ago the only petrol available on a Sunday was In Kilrush.

Advertisement