Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone won't charge

Options
  • 07-08-2016 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

My iPhone 5S won't charge. I've tried the same charger on my brother's phone and his charges no problem so the problem is my phone.

Just wondering what your opinions are as to what the problem is? Now the phone has been acting up for a while. Sometimes I'd have to unplug the charger from the phone and re-insert it a few times before the phone actually recognised it was charging. Does this sound like the port for charging it is a bit dirty or is there something wrong with the phone?

Any suggestions as to the cause or solution would be much appreciated :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Get some electrical contact cleaner and spray it in the hole where you plug in the charger.

It gets dirty in there and messes up the connection.

Or you can clean it with a pin and some tissue.
    See if that helps for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Port is likely full of lint and fluff. Get a toothpick or similar and poke about in there. Not sure if it's possible but maybe using something metal could short or damage something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Using a toothpick there and it took a load of dirt out but still not working I'm afraid. Praying I don't damage the port messing around down there either.

Might have to leave it in to one of the phone shops tomorrow to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Toothpick won't damage it. Make sure you get all the crap out and it should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

This happened to me last week. I pressed the home & off button simultaneously for 10 seconds and it powered off and it would recognise the charger. Strange but it worked.

Then I bought a wireless charger off the net. Hasn't arrived yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Dots1982 wrote: »
    This happened to me last week. I pressed the home & off button simultaneously for 10 seconds and it powered off and it would recognise the charger. Strange but it worked.

No idea why that worked either but it did hahaha.

Thanks Dots and thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

BOHtox wrote: »
    Dots1982 wrote: »

Good stuff, happy to help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

BOHtox wrote: »

If the phone ever freezes or is just a bit sluggish press and hold both those buttons until the apple appears on screen. It reboots it.

Advertisement