Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multi-car insurance

• 07-08-2016 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What options are out there for multi-car insurance?

I'm looking for insurance to cover classic and modern cars and some with modifications. Without insurance everything individually, is there something that would cover this? Even third party?

I'm looking to be able to hop in and drive a number of different cars, but since I can't be driving all of them at the same time for the same amount of miles, I would expect the premium to be less than individual policies.

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Daniel S wrote: »
    Hi,

What options are out there for multi-car insurance?

I'm looking for insurance to cover classic and modern cars and some with modifications. Without insurance everything individually, is there something that would cover this? Even third party?

I'm looking to be able to hop in and drive a number of different cars, but since I can't be driving all of them at the same time for the same amount of miles, I would expect the premium to be less than individual policies.

Thanks,

Dan

The only option is a fleet policy but fleet policies are generally only for fleets that are uses for a business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

I think a trade policy would suit you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

brembo26 wrote: »

This would be for private use though?

Is there such a thing as collectors insurance or anything along those lines?

Yeah private use is fine. You'll be covered on anything you sit into. Probably not the best name for the type of insurance but its all legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Yeah private use is fine. You'll be covered on anything you sit into. Probably not the best name for the type of insurance but its all legit.

I understand it can be used for your private car, but I was always under the impression that that you had to have a business and vat number etc.

• Advertisement

Not that i'm aware of anyway. A few friends have that policy. Ill find out what I can for you and come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

My aul lad has three motorbikes on the one policy, only one of them can be on the road at one time. Other than money, I can't see why car insurance companies can't do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

A lot of trade policies exclude own vehicles so without a trade worthy occupation and having non standard / modded vehicles, it could be difficult to get an insurer that will quote.

Best bet would be to contact a broker and see if they can find a market.

Advertisement