Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 8-8-16

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Well the show was in LA, so no surprise that they filled a few minutes with guests who live out that way (P. Diddy, Bryan, Scooby Doo), and no surprise that a few people seemed to have the night off (Zayn, Finn, Stephanie, Big E). This is probably why it felt more stretched than previous weeks.

I am surprised by the generally negative response to the show; there were a number of positives for me:
    - I thought the Lensar/Orton promo was great
    - I liked the segment with Balor and think the overlaying Game-of-Thronesy graphics added in a way that wouldn't have been possible with a live segment
    - they finally made Gallows look strong by borrowing from CM Punk's advice and having him win a match
    - if Jericho and Owens working together don't bring a smile to your face I don't know what can be done with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rusev's reaction to Reigns' spear at the end reminded me of the steam roller coming towards the henchman scene from Austin Powers. He had so much time to move.

And that ending to the Sasha/Dana match was pretty badly done. Dunno if Charlotte went early or Sasha moved too late.

Wonder if Bryan's line to Cesaro was improvised. Seemed that way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Two things about that Raw what was the point of having Bryan there? That looked like it was going nowhere.

Also looks like we're going to see Bubba turn on DVon. Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Loughc wrote: »
    Also looks like we're going to see Bubba turn on DVon. Yay.

Bully Ray in Bullet Club - yes, yes, yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Tbh it looked like a show were the wrestlers were getting ready for a long trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    Tbh it looked like a show were the wrestlers were getting ready for a long trip

It was, they are in New Zealand, going by Jericho's Instagram account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Terrifying that they still think it's a good idea to let Reigns do snarky promos and the like... While he can be pretty good at getting heel heat, that kind of **** veers far closer to cringe inducing xpac heat for me. Really exposes him, don't get it.

Advertisement