Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Moto GP - Birmingham to Silverstone

• 08-08-2016 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anybody have any experience with travelling to Silverstone? I'm heading from Birmingham and was wondering if anybody had any pointers. I've heard it's mayhem to drive down yourself, so I'm thinking bus/train?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I drove from Holyhead to Silverstone last year for the motogp, passing by Birmingham. We went on the thursday morning though. It was fine, no serious traffic.

Leaving on the Sunday, we were about an hour getting out onto the road, but once we were out we were grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's mostly motorway and A road but delays aren't unusual on UK roads.

We used to always watch the last few races and never had delays leaving, would be all the people who ran out after the MOTOGP sitting in their cars for ages in the car parks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

We went last year but camped from Friday - Monday. Rented a car in the airport and parked on the campsite.

If you're looking to leave right after the GP and make a flight back in Birmingham the traffic is mental. The police make all roads one way after the race to ease the flow but you'll be waiting a while to get away from the circuit.

Advertisement