Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud storage full.

Options
  • 08-08-2016 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I'm relatively new to usind an iPhone and iPad. All going well until the last few days. I keep getting a message on my windows laptop telling me my iCloud storage is almost full and offering me more storage, at a price. . I've tried using the phone to get into my iCloud to delete stuff but all I see is a folder with contacts I imported from my old phone. I tried logging into iCloud from the laptop and can't find it either. I get a pop-up telling me it's 90% photos.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

sligojoek wrote: »
    Hi folks.

I'm relatively new to usind an iPhone and iPad. All going well until the last few days. I keep getting a message on my windows laptop telling me my iCloud storage is almost full and offering me more storage, at a price. . I've tried using the phone to get into my iCloud to delete stuff but all I see is a folder with contacts I imported from my old phone. I tried logging into iCloud from the laptop and can't find it either. I get a pop-up telling me it's 90% photos.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

99cent/month for 50GB. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, worth paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Fair enough. But surely there's a way of getting in and deleting stuff I don't want. Blurry, out of focus pics taking up 2.5 MB. 5 photos of the same thing where only one is necessary. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamescook

When I go into icloud via settings>icloud>manage storage on my iPad it gives me the option of choosing what to backup and the size of the apps or photos its backing up.

You can back up to your computer as well or upload your photos to one of the other could storage providers for free if you have got the space. Also google photos offer free unlimited storage for phots and videos subject to restrictions on quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Fair enough. But surely there's a way of getting in and deleting stuff I don't want. Blurry, out of focus pics taking up 2.5 MB. 5 photos of the same thing where only one is necessary. etc.
    then delete them from photos and they wont be backed up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If they are deleted from your phone, they wont be backed up. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thanks folks.

Big DOOOHHH moment.

Three GB deleted in half an hour.

I thought there was a way of going in through a browser like Google drive.

Advertisement