Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage: Reduction with kids

Options
  • 08-08-2016 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

AIB reduce spending power by 250e per month/per child. Do EBS/KBC/Ulster/BOI? Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

They all take kids into account when calculating the mortgage (and rightly so).

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Brioscai

Thanks Pawwed Rig. Do you know if it's the same amount with all the banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Brioscai wrote: »

Is it cheaper to have kids if you switch mortgage provider ??

Obviously not, Brian. Just another one on the way and trying to ascertain if we'll get a higher mortgage by going with a different provider before the baby comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

I know someone (not me, i have no kids), who told the bank they had no kids when they did

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, pretty much the same!
    We went through it with UB last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

AIB reduce spending power by 250e per month/per child. Do EBS/KBC/Ulster/BOI? Thank you.

I think €250 a month per child is quiet cheap. I'm sure other banks reduce it by more but I couldn't swear on it.

Thank you very much for your replies.

Advertisement