Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has been giving me so much food poisoning lately??

Options
  • 08-08-2016 6:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I'm stumped right here.

When I say food poisoning, I mean, intense abdominal cramps.
    If I vomit, they go away.
    If I don't, I have to put up with hours of intense pain.

Initially I thought it was undercooked meat, mince.
    So I cut that out.
    Got more food poisoning.

Then I thought it might be processed cheese.
    So I cut that out.
    Nope.

And most recently, I ate some stir fry pork with rice.
    And some lamb ribs in tandoori, yoghurt with ginger garlic, and baked potato.

I use a rice cooker that I haven't cleaned properly in a while.... (though I have high intensity oven acid on it as we speak).
    Could that be the cause?

Well, I woke up at 4am and wretched my stomach to emptiness, which is a remarkably good feeling, cause the cramps just subside after.
    And they. are. horrid!!

Went to the hospital last time and, the doctor attributed it to food poisoning, cause he couldn't find any other reason for it.

Anyone well up on this type of thing??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Have you had an allergy test?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Food poisoning doesn't generally go away as soon as you vomit.

Doctor time, I think. Sounds to me as though you have a bowel problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Rice is a major cause of food poisoning apparently. I've been told it's because when left to sit, rice produces some toxic substance that isn't destroyed by further boiling. Frying may destroy it but you have to get all of it to the right termperature. So your rice cooker sounds like a possible culprit.

That said, viruses and allergies can also do it, so if the rice cooker isn't the cause, then definitely a doctor's visit, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP sitebanned for continued trolling.

tHB

Food Safety

We absolutely do not allow threads about food safety. If you’re not sure if your chicken is still edible, then we cannot help you. Threads started will be immediately closed. We (the Food & Drink mods) feel it is unsafe for posters to accept advice from random people on the internet about food & drink products which they cannot see, smell, touch. Furthermore they would not know the conditions that the item had been stored by either the retailer or consumer. If you cannot tell if the food is safe to eat, then how would you think that someone at the end of an internet connection would be in a better position to decide if it was safe? As they say in professional kitchens – “When in doubt, throw it out”.

If any advice was given & subsequently taken after which you or another poster became ill - it would potentially leave boards.ie liable. It is our duty as moderators of these fora to protect boards.ie from this happening.

Finally, any breaches in the charter will be dealt with by warning, infraction or ban – there will not necessarily be a warning prior to banning and not learning from prior action will result in your posting rights to the forum being revoked permanently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement