Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally - Lidl at Hanlon's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Sad to hear of Tasty bread closing.
    Larry's main business is industrial sales so I don't think closing the shop will worry him.
    He has a big bakery out in Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WattWarrior

The employees are the ones I would be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

mosi wrote: »
    Looks like Tesco on Prussia Street is to be redeveloped
    https://raymcadam.com/2016/10/10/stoneybatter-matters-autumn-2016/

That sounds like a great redevelopment, hopefully it goes through. I can see lots of objections, even though increasing density and adding student housing(close to new DIT Grangegorman, or even further afield since the site is on the 39 route to TCD/UCD) is badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

An Aldi or Lidl always appears ten paces from the other, crazy really.

Lidl are moving toward being a higher quality & service brand, the new store at East Wall is a good example of what they can do with a large selection of fruit, veg, and onsite bakery. I don't envy the security staff though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

MrMorooka wrote: »
    That sounds like a great redevelopment, hopefully it goes through. I can see lots of objections, even though increasing density and adding student housing(close to new DIT Grangegorman, or even further afield since the site is on the 39 route to TCD/UCD) is badly needed.

I know one of the local TDs was objecting to student housing in DIT, as he didnt want them "ghettoisng the neighbourhood". Which I think is ironic considering close to DIT is some of worst social housing in the country ie O'Deavey Gardens. Most objections to planning is illogical.

There is nothing wrong with the density proposed. Students rarely drive cars, the area is well served by public transport and other services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

That link for the Tesco reevelopment said the building would be razed and a close to 600 bed student apartment building be created with a Tesco on the ground floor. It does sound a bit insane to me, some parties there with the cheap off licence downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That link for the Tesco reevelopment said the building would be razed and a close to 600 bed student apartment building be created with a Tesco on the ground floor. It does sound a bit insane to me, some parties there with the cheap off licence downstairs.

Jaysis, 600 students living above a Tesco, imagine the rush for 10pm :D

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Jaysis, 600 students living above a Tesco, imagine the rush for 10pm :D

Lidl will be cheaper for booze:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Most purpose built student accommodation now is about €200 a bed per week. It is mainly being filled with students from Brazil or Saudi Arabia who are actually here to study as their Governments are paying for them to do so. They arent partying all much at all. Most student accommodation has a ton of onsite security who limit/reduce anti-social behaviour

Drumalee is across from it. I would rather live beside 600 students hands down, than that Drumalee which is pretty much under Garda control due to the gang feuds. Drumalee is a dodgy kip

If we are going to prevent student housing under on the grounds of possible anti-social behaviour, then DCC should be forced to break up the ghettos of anti-social behaviour they have created in the city eg Drumalee, St.Stephens Green flats. Instead DCC is just replacing bad housing with better housing, leaving the areas to have the same problems as before

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Just to update on this if anyone's interested, the Hanlon's Corner store is opening next Thursday.

• Advertisement

twill wrote: »
    Just to update on this if anyone's interested, the Hanlon's Corner store is opening next Thursday.

Great news. I wonder will they have any opening offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Great news. I wonder will they have any opening offers.
    Probably the usual manky veg for 49c

sweetie wrote: »
    Probably the usual manky veg for 49c

Wi save me 45-60 minutes every week in travel and fuel

Wi save me 45-60 minutes every week in travel and fuel

I can nearly see it from my gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's going to be disastrous traffic wise unless they have a plan of action, cars trying to turn right into the car park along with the big white van and few cars which park on the road opposite it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Look forward to this opening as the Lidl in the Blanch center is a nightmare...not sure where the parking is going to go for this one though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

It's going to be disastrous traffic wise unless they have a plan of action, cars trying to turn right into the car park along with the big white van and few cars which park on the road opposite it.

Yeh I think that junction (which is already a nightmare) is going to cause havok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Look forward to this opening as the Lidl in the Blanch center is a nightmare...not sure where the parking is going to go for this one though

Round the back of it. Seems to be a fair few spots.

If this is an alternative to Blanch, would Glasnevin not have worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Leaflet came in the door this morning (in Cabra), they're having a 4 day sale to mark the opening.

There was also a loyalty card for the shop in the leaflet which will work for the next seven weeks on certain offers.

I reckon the shop will be mobbed on thursday, so I think I'll wait a few days to visit.

I took photos of the leaflet so you can have a look yourself.

http://i.imgur.com/14h0r0x.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1mM3h9J.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1nkHVCD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7icTBKc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/z0AaKPx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

The building is large and they've managed to tastefully blend it into the local housing, brilliant.

• Advertisement

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Yeh I think that junction (which is already a nightmare) is going to cause havok.

I'm just happy I'll only have to deal with it on the odd weekend evening when going to herselves in Blanch!
    Round the back of it. Seems to be a fair few spots.

89 spots I think the sign says, on the side of it. Basically where the PH Ross Yard was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I'm just happy I'll only have to deal with it on the odd weekend evening when going to herselves in Blanch!

89 spots I think the sign says, on the side of it. Basically where the PH Ross Yard was.

Unless its going to be monitored that car park will be a model for people who work towards and in town to park up and walk/bus the rest of the way in.

Unless its going to be monitored that car park will be a model for people who work towards and in town to park up and walk/bus the rest of the way in.

Exactly. You'd imagine they'll have a third party clamper operating tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Exactly. You'd imagine they'll have a third party clamper operating tbh.

Yeah it will be needed anyway. Its already rife around Cabra East/Phibsboro and is expected to become worse when the Luas starts.

Anyway that pressure washer looks appealing at that price :pac:

Gavin wrote:

They usually are monitored, apparently if you're there over two hours your car gets towed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/pics-heres-sneak-peek-new-13281132
    Some more info in advance of tomorrow's opening.  The half price laptops sound tempting - wonder if they are a reliable brand!

Just been in the New Lidl in Cabra both at the opening yesterday and today, Its a grand place a lot more selections of food. Anyone else been?

Yeah, it's handy for me. 3 mins walk

I see there's a unit on the ground floor up for rent.

• Advertisement

Called in earlier to get the shopping. Low on some stock and no offers.
    Thought it was a third off veg

Advertisement