Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile top up error

Options
  • 08-08-2016 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

I did a mobile top up on online banking for €20, I put in correct mobile number but wrong network (meteor instead of three). The money has come out of my current account. How do I get it back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi kildarejohn, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

It this case it will be necessary to contact Meteor directly. Once you provide them with the mobile number you input,  they can retrieve the funds and arrange for the payment to be refunded to your account. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭kildarejohn

Hi kildarejohn, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

It this case it will be necessary to contact Meteor directly. Once you provide them with the mobile number you input,  they can retrieve the funds and arrange for the payment to be refunded to your account. 

Thanks,

Sharon
    Thanks Sharon. Can you or anyone else advise what Dept. to contact in Meteor?
    I would imagine that errors like mine must be fairly common; if the user does not realise their mistake, do the mobile companies simply pocket the money and make no effort to refund it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi kildarejohn, 

If you contact Meteors main customer care number on 1890 808 585 / 00353 1 4307066, a rep can advise you further on the process and arrange for the funds to be returned to your account. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement