Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - Consistently overcharging

Options
  • 08-08-2016 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

So i signed up for broadband only plan- 30 Euro for first 3 month , 45 per month thereafter. 

The third month I was overcharged by 6 euro. 
    Contacted Eir and they said it was a mistake  - the money would be taken off the next bill. 
    All subsequent bills would not go above 45 euro as agreed. 

That was fine, money returned on next bill.
    Low and behold - this months bill is for 51 euro.  Is this policy by eir to consistently try and fleece their customers or are they just incompetent? I don't plan on having to try and call them up each month they overcharge me.

Below is previous chat last month with Eir   - I had a feeling it would come in handy .

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Adithya: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]at 12:17:20[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have checked your bills , it seems like the discount is not applied to your account, I will apply it for this bill whereas it will reflect in the next bill.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]so i will get a new bill for this month ?[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Adithya: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]at 12:19:41[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]No you will not get a new bill instead it will be reflected in your next bill.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]so my next bill will be 45 - 6.31[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Adithya: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]at 12:23:12[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Yes your next bill will be €45 - €6.31 where the total bill will be €38.69.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]at 12:23:30[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]ok thank you.and all future bills[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]at 12:23:40[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]will be capped at €45[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Adithya: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]at 12:23:52[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Yes you are correct :)[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭xl500

Totally unacceptable how can the customer be expected to keep checking for Eir incompetance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

carq wrote: »
    So i signed up for broadband only plan- 30 Euro for first 3 month , 45 per month thereafter. 

Contacted Eir and they said it was a mistake  - the money would be taken off the next bill. 

Low and behold - this months bill is for 51 euro.  Is this policy by eir to consistently try and fleece their customers or are they just incompetent? I don't plan on having to try and call them up each month they overcharge me.

Below is previous chat last month with Eir   - I had a feeling it would come in handy .

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Adithya: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]at 12:17:20[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have checked your bills , it seems like the discount is not applied to your account, I will apply it for this bill whereas it will reflect in the next bill.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Adithya: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]at 12:19:41[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]No you will not get a new bill instead it will be reflected in your next bill.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Adithya: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]at 12:23:12[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Yes your next bill will be €45 - €6.31 where the total bill will be €38.69.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Adithya: [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]at 12:23:52[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]carq,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear this and can understand your frustration with this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account details and I will take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]carq,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear this and can understand your frustration with this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account details and I will take a look into this.[/font]

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Got through to instant message

Same story - bill will be corrected next month , very sorry etc. Wont happen again etc.

I await future bills with interest

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭xl500

Same story - bill will be corrected next month , very sorry etc. Wont happen again etc.

Very Poor but they are all the same my Daughter had unbelievable Trouble with Vodafone overcharging

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have received your PM carq and will be back to you today.[/font]

Advertisement