Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laundry Services in Student Accommodation

• 08-08-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey,

Anyone on here in student accommodation in Dublin on or off campus? If so, what sort of laundry services do you have? Private or coin-operated?

How do you find the setup? Is it totally awful or is it up to scratch? Is it overcrowded, too expensive and impossible to use or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

The ones in UCD are mostly run off your student card.

3.00 Wash
    1.50 Dry

• Registered Users Posts: 24 0507

b0gg3r,

How are the queues etc?

And how big are the loads? I'd say they're pretty small for those prices.

Rarely queues.

You can do a week's worth of laundry in probably two loads.

It's alright, the dry cycle could do with being a bit longer.

Why do you ask?

Trying to figure out if you're better off washing off campus. The prices I've seen are:

Wash 8kg: 2
    Wash 18kg: 8
    Dry 18kg: 4

I think 8kg is about the size of a home washing machine. So, 18kg is two and a bit times that.

What do you think?

Also are the UCD facilities secure? I've heard of people nicking stuff out of the machines in other universities and not letting the whole cycle go through.

Oh yeah, all the soap and stuff is included in those prices. Is it included in the prices you listed?

• Advertisement

Nah, supply your own soap.

I'm from Sligo, so hardly worth me bringing a bag home.

The machine's in UCD are bigger than the washing machine at home.

Advertisement