Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferred money to a closed Credit Card account in error!

Options
  • 08-08-2016 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a PTSB customer and on Saturday Aug 2nd,  I transferred €300 euro to a closed BOI Mastercard account in error. 

I rang PTSB immediately and was told that because it was closed acc that the money would bounce back. This has not happened and I'm wondering how I can retrieve the money?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi shinnyjosiedan, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

When a payment is sent to a closed account, this will generally be rejected back to the sending bank. If you still have an active credit card however, the payment may be redirected to your existing active credit card. 

If you have an existing credit card with BOI, please call our Credit Card Team on 0818 251 251 and a rep will be happy to help you. 

If you do not have an existing active credit card with BOI, the payment will be rejected back to your PTSB account. This can take up to 7 working days. If the payment has not been returned after this time, PTSB will need to put a trace on this payment to locate the funds. 

Thanks,

Sharon 

Advertisement