Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scripting/Pulling information from Outlook

Options
  • 08-08-2016 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

So I've setup Office365 to strip malicious attachments and mail a group of admins to alert them of this, so far so good, working well etc.

However, I'd like to block full domains i.e. there's no reason why my company should be receiving mails from Brazil, Russia, China etc.

I'm thinking that in order to justify doing this I should be able to pull the information from the mails into a CSV and from there figure out the domains sending most of the malicious content etc.

This could be drilled into more once exported to a csv, just wondering if anybody has experience in doing this? Pulling info into excel from Outlook to get a better view of what they're monitoring

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

You'll be better off looking into the MSOL PowerShell module for Office 365 for this kind of thing, I think. You can query all sorts of stuff from your Office365 environment and pipe the output to CSV trivially. Take a look at this article for an idea of how to get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Top man Fysh, added to pocket for lunctime reading!

Advertisement