Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir billing me when nothing has been installed yet

Options
  • 08-08-2016 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

I signed back up to eir in June with a door to door sales woman, as the new fibre broadband was available in my area. The engineer was to come out the following week, but when he came out, the fibre hasn't been installed in the cabinet yet.
    Roll on July, I got a bill for €100, and when I contacted Eir about it (After being passed around departments) I was told that was the installation fee. When I pointed out my install was free, I was told that it would be credited to my account.
    To date, the install had not happened. So why have I received a bill of €18.45 now? I cannot log into myeir as I am not on your system as a customer yet, as there has been no install.
    Can someone from eir please let me know what this bill is for, as you have not done anything yet? And please let me know when the cabinet is set up to allow the install to go ahead?
    I would also like to know the complaints process for your sales people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

kiddums wrote: »
    I signed back up to eir in June with a door to door sales woman, as the new fibre broadband was available in my area. The engineer was to come out the following week, but when he came out, the fibre hasn't been installed in the cabinet yet.
    Roll on July, I got a bill for €100, and when I contacted Eir about it (After being passed around departments) I was told that was the installation fee. When I pointed out my install was free, I was told that it would be credited to my account.
    To date, the install had not happened. So why have I received a bill of €18.45 now? I cannot log into myeir as I am not on your system as a customer yet, as there has been no install.
    Can someone from eir please let me know what this bill is for, as you have not done anything yet? And please let me know when the cabinet is set up to allow the install to go ahead?
    I would also like to know the complaints process for your sales people.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kiddums,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear this, can you PM me your account number and I will take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Hi Pamela,

I sent you a PM with my account number. Please keep me informed about what is happening.

Thanks

Hi Pamela,

I sent you a PM with my account number. Please keep me informed about what is happening.

Thanks
    No problem  kiddums,
    I'll be back to you today.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Thanks for doing that Pamela.

Do you have any idea when the install will actually be going ahead?

Also, what is the complaints process for your sales people? I was sold this as it was already available at my address, this is clearly not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 2late8

Kiddums,
    Eir are beyond a nightmare to deal with it. They have failed to turn up to do my install and offered no reason. When they did show, the technician was given the wrong order. They don't appear to have a complaints section; the person you speak to on the phone just says I will log your complaint! 
    Eir is the worst company I have ever had to deal with.

• Advertisement

Thanks for doing that Pamela.

Do you have any idea when the install will actually be going ahead?

Also, what is the complaints process for your sales people? I was sold this as it was already available at my address, this is clearly not the case.
    No problem kiddums
    I'll have a look into this now and be back to you.

-Pamela 

Advertisement