If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering a new AV Receiver

Options
  • 08-08-2016 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi my old Yamaha DSP-AX759SE, which has served me well for many years, is due for an upgrade. Having never had any issues with this amp I was considering another Yamaha but looking at your website the Denon AVR X4200W (which is possibly more amp than I need) caught my eye.

I was considering the newer Yamaha RX-A860 and Denon AVR X3300W but having spotted the X4200W I can't see any major reason to go for the newer (more expensive models).

By going for last years model am I missing out on any significant new features? As I don't buy AV equipment too often I'd like to be assured I'm as future proof as possible within a reasonable budget. (I bought my last receiver just before HDMI became common place which was always a regret)

Any other receivers I should consider in this price (or lower) range and what sort of price can you offer a boardsie delivered to Rep. Ireland? (Haven't cleared it with the boss yet so looking for a "the offer was too good to turn down" argument :D)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

fran426ft wrote: »
    Hi my old Yamaha DSP-AX759SE, which has served me well for many years, is due for an upgrade. Having never had any issues with this amp I was considering another Yamaha but looking at your website the Denon AVR X4200W (which is possibly more amp than I need) caught my eye.

I was considering the newer Yamaha RX-A860 and Denon AVR X3300W but having spotted the X4200W I can't see any major reason to go for the newer (more expensive models).

By going for last years model am I missing out on any significant new features? As I don't buy AV equipment too often I'd like to be assured I'm as future proof as possible within a reasonable budget. (I bought my last receiver just before HDMI became common place which was always a regret)

Any other receivers I should consider in this price (or lower) range and what sort of price can you offer a boardsie delivered to Rep. Ireland? (Haven't cleared it with the boss yet so looking for a "the offer was too good to turn down" argument :D)
    Hi fran426ft, thanks for the post

Yea the 4200 is a stonking amp, and at the price it's at, very hard to beat.
    Comparing it with the other models you mention, and similar price, it would be the one to go for. Spec wise it is very similar to the 3300 and the 860, but it is 125wpc where the others are 100-105
    It is an atmos amp, and has 4k upscaling, so is pretty much up there on spec, and is as future proofed as any of the others also.
    On proice, there's very little room for movement, as it has been reduced already as a finishing model, but we always try to look after the boardies, so best price I can do would be £635 including shipping

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Thanks for the reply. I might be in touch soon to take you up on that. 

Brian,

I've decided to go for it. I've sent you a PM.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Brian,

I've decided to go for it. I've sent you a PM.
    Hey Fran426ft.

Brian will be in touch shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rocky021

Hi Guys only new here but I'm selling a Yamaha RXA-3040 1yr old if anybody interested 1500euro

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

rocky021 wrote: »
    Hi Guys only new here but I'm selling a Yamaha RXA-3040 1yr old if anybody interested 1500euro
    Rocky,

Many thanks for the info, you may be better posting it on the general home entertainment forum or across on Adverts - this is a commercial forum for Richer Sounds , and to be honest we are selling the RXA3050 which is the newer version of your amp, brand new at just €1799.

ATVB,

Johnmc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Typical I ordered received my Denon AVR X4200W only two weeks ago and see today it's down to £599. Is it too late to invoke your price beat policy against your own price?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/denon/avrx4200w/deno-avrx4200-blk

Thanks for the excellent service on my order by the way. I'll certainly use RS again and hopefully will be able to afford TV and speaker upgrades in the not too distant future. 

Hi fran426ft,

Thank you for the kind words, we're delighted you were happy with the service. Unfortunately we can only price beat up to 7 days after a purchase has been made. However when you're looking for your speaker upgrades give me a shout closer to the time and I'll see if there's anything we can do for you.

Many thanks

David

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dubliner_1

Comparing it with the other models you mention, and similar price, it would be the one to go for. Spec wise it is very similar to the 3300 and the 860, but it is 125wpc where the others are 100-105
    It is an atmos amp, and has 4k upscaling, so is pretty much up there on spec, and is as future proofed as any of the others also.
    On proice, there's very little room for movement, as it has been reduced already as a finishing model, but we always try to look after the boardies, so best price I can do would be £635 including shipping

Cheers
    Brian

Not planning to purchase a new amp for a couple of months but is the just announced Denon AVR-X4300H going to be available to those in Rep Ireland in the future at any time?

Dubliner_1 wrote: »

Cheers
    Brian

Not planning to purchase a new amp for a couple of months but is the just announced Denon AVR-X4300H going to be available to those in Rep Ireland in the future at any time?
    Hi Dubliner_1.

Yip its on it way very soon.

Will be priced up at £1299.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/denon/avrx4300h/deno-avrx4300-blk

Once it hits our main .co.uk site it will be available for the South of Ireland at the same time through ourselves @ Richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.