Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Internal Di2 Setup

Options
  • 08-08-2016 12:26pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any one got any good install guides for an internal Di2 set up? I've seen the GCN one and looks too easy. Just wondering has it missed anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

From what I can remember of assembling my own bike, it's extremely straight forward. Just stick on the derailleurs and shifters, feed the cables through the frame and plug everything in. The only slightly fiddly bit was the junction box at the bottom bracket as you have to tuck it away neatly and then put the bottom bracket shell back in.

External or seatpost battery?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

internal seatpost battery

Only thing I am missing is the cables. Thats the next thing to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

I am sure you have checked but make sure that the bike frame is Di2 compatable, i.e. it has the necessary holes to feed the wires through as you need a hole near where the FD is positioned to bring the wire out from inside the seat post to power the FD. I nearly missed this when buying a frame recently which I was going to put di2 on. It was suggested to me to drill a hole for the wire but backed away from this option and got a Di2 compatable frame instead.

Best of luck with it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The frame is a Ribble R872 and I have been told its electronic compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

The Dealer manual is available on Shimano Tech Docs?

http://si.shimano.com/php/download.php?file=pdf/dm/DM-UL0001-03-ENG.pdf

• Advertisement

The Dealer manual is available on Shimano Tech Docs?

http://si.shimano.com/php/download.php?file=pdf/dm/DM-UL0001-03-ENG.pdf

Never knew of suck a thing!

Advertisement