Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chargeback on personal mastercard for business expense

Options
  • 08-08-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there. I have a question. I purchased a digital item from a UK supplier. The item was paid for with my personal mastercard, but was actually an item for resale in my small business (Ltd Co.).

The item in delivered was very clearly not as described.

As it happens this was a software product that I had been suppling to a customer for a number of years. Every year I would receive a renewal notice and pay for the new licence and receive a continuation of the same licence. This year however after the money was paid the product that was delivered was an entirely different one.

It turns out the original product was discontinued by the manufacturer. Neither the manufacturer nor my supplier had notified me of this. Instead my supplier just notified me of "The Renewal" and supplied me with a different product. It was not possible for my customer to substitute this product and my customer has (rightly) refused to pay for this. Now my supplier and the manufacturer of this product are bouncing me around and stringing me out in every possible way while refusing to take any responsibility or refund the money for this order.

This is extremely frustrating because of the nature of the product, it is digital and intangible - its not even like I an actual product I can re-use or do something with, there is a significant amount of money involved in this.

Anyway - I am pretty certain that if this was a consumer purchased this from a business I could fill in the "dispute transaction" form and successfully get a charge-back.

My real question is - can I still apply for a charge-back and dispute the transaction because there a business involvement on my side?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi PaulanJane, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

As each transaction dispute form is processed on a case by case basis, we would be unable to confirm if your charge back request will be successful. 

We would advise filling out the Transaction Dispute form here and return it to the address on the bottom of the form. Please also include a cover letter with the form briefly explaining why you are requesting a refund and include any supporting documentation (e.g emails) you may have to show that you have tried to resolve the dispute directly with the company first. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement