Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Existing customer deals

Options
  • 08-08-2016 1:28pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having difficulty ordering a new deal as an existing customer, even though I went through the existing customer link off your website:
    https://www.eir.ie/deals/existing-customer/

I have TV, broadband and landline with you.  Paying approx €145 per month currently.  I have all sports, HD, a multiroom box and the Experience Pack.  I am out of contract.

I'm trying to avail of the half price sports and movies deal (12 months) and keep all the other stuff I have (HD, multiroom etc.).  I tried to order 2 weeks ago online, heard nothing back aside from a "thanks for your order, we'll be in touch" email.  Nobody got in touch.

I rang a while back, explained everything, was put on hold and got cut off.  I rang back again, explained everything again, and was told my line needs to be updated or something to that effect which will take 3 days, after which my order can be processed.  I asked why my line needs to be updated (as everything is working fine for me) and was told it's for their system, the order cannot be processed without this "update".

Now when I asked would I get the €15 off for 6 months (as per what the website is offering me), the lady seemed very uncertain and said something like she thought that was for new customers.  But I went through the existing customer link and it's offering me that in addition to the half price sports and movies for 12 months - so I'm not sure what the story is at all now, and it seems not even Eir staff know.

Oh, I tried an online chat with an Eir rep who could not help me at all with deals for existing customers, only new customers.

The service itself is not bad at all, but the support is not up to scratch and is very unhelpful when I am actually trying to stay as a customer and trying to sign a new 18 month contract!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

PauloMN wrote: »
    I'm having difficulty ordering a new deal as an existing customer, even though I went through the existing customer link off your website:
    https://www.eir.ie/deals/existing-customer/

I have TV, broadband and landline with you.  Paying approx €145 per month currently.  I have all sports, HD, a multiroom box and the Experience Pack.  I am out of contract.

I'm trying to avail of the half price sports and movies deal (12 months) and keep all the other stuff I have (HD, multiroom etc.).  I tried to order 2 weeks ago online, heard nothing back aside from a "thanks for your order, we'll be in touch" email.  Nobody got in touch.

I rang a while back, explained everything, was put on hold and got cut off.  I rang back again, explained everything again, and was told my line needs to be updated or something to that effect which will take 3 days, after which my order can be processed.  I asked why my line needs to be updated (as everything is working fine for me) and was told it's for their system, the order cannot be processed without this "update".

Now when I asked would I get the €15 off for 6 months (as per what the website is offering me), the lady seemed very uncertain and said something like she thought that was for new customers.  But I went through the existing customer link and it's offering me that in addition to the half price sports and movies for 12 months - so I'm not sure what the story is at all now, and it seems not even Eir staff know.

Oh, I tried an online chat with an Eir rep who could not help me at all with deals for existing customers, only new customers.

The service itself is not bad at all, but the support is not up to scratch and is very unhelpful when I am actually trying to stay as a customer and trying to sign a new 18 month contract!!!!
    Hi PauloMN,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    Can you PM me your account details and I will follow this up with the online team.

-Pamela 

Advertisement