Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glycolic Acid - mixing different products/strengths

Options
  • 08-08-2016 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

So I've been using Pixi glow tonic as a toner day and night (5% strength), I've just received the Alpha H Liquid Gold treatment which is 10%.

I use spf 50 daily in the summer, will use 30spf in the winter unless I'm out doors for the day.

I know I should use the treatment around twice a week, but how should I use my daily toner with this new treatment?

Should I avoid using the tonic the night and morning after the treatment?

Should I reduce using the tonic to just nights I'm not using the treatment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I use liquid gold 3 nights a week and use pixi glow tonic on the other days. The nights I use the liquid gold I only use this and the next morning when I cleanse my face I use a hydrating toner instead of pixi. Hope that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Hi, just bought the liquid gold. Can anyone comment on their opinion/results so far? It was recommended by my beautician but I'd never heard of before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Hi, just bought the liquid gold. Can anyone comment on their opinion/results so far? It was recommended by my beautician but I'd never heard of before that.

I love Liquid Gold. Few things to note, it's recommended that you use it alone without a moisturiser on top but I think for the first few uses you should use a bit of serum on top of it until your skin gets used to it. It will feel a bit drying otherwise. It will tingle the first few times but this is normal.

I'd recommend using it once a week and then maybe twice a week after a few times. If you're dry though, probably no need to use it more than once a week. It's super important to use a decent sunscreen everyday especially if you're a liquid gold user. That's all I can really think of. Let us know how you get on!

Advertisement