Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upholstering Dining chairs

Options
  • 08-08-2016 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to re-upholster 6 dining room chairs. It was an easy enough job to remove all the original material/staples and I have a heavy duty stapler. I'm sure they won't be as good as professionally done but I like diy so see it as a hobby to learn all sort of skills. Anyone any recommendations of where I would buy the material. Not sure whether I'll go hard wearing or just something nice but want to look around and see whats available.

Thanks for any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Vibes and scribes on Bridge Street at the bottom of Patricks Hill have tonnes of different Material.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

Cheers. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hickeys would be great. You could ask them for off cuts also to make things cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

I would also recommend Hickeys in the Savoy centre. If you are looking for something more expensive, there's M.J. Galligans on Lower Oliver Plunkett Street.

Advertisement