Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitor problem

Options
  • 08-08-2016 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

I have a HP Compaq LA2006x 20-inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor which has had little use.

Working fine Saturday night, tower to monitor, via dport, attempted to connect vga cable, on turning on screen is light blue with a load of colored lines at 1 end.

Tower is putting out a signal checked on another monitor.

Nothing happens when i try to reach the osd so i could factory reset.

Is there anything else I could do or is it dead?? Hp site or google have been little help..

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

tinner777 wrote: »
    hi,

I have a HP Compaq LA2006x 20-inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor which has had little use.

Working fine Saturday night, tower to monitor, via dport, attempted to connect vga cable, on turning on screen is light blue with a load of colored lines at 1 end.

Tower is putting out a signal checked on another monitor.

Nothing happens when i try to reach the osd so i could factory reset.

Is there anything else I could do or is it dead?? Hp site or google have been little help..

thanks

Have you dport and VGA? If so is it still malfunctioning under dport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

mordeith wrote: »
    Have you dport and VGA? If so is it still malfunctioning under dport?

hi, tried both separately, nothing, nothing but light blue screen on start up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Does the on screen menu work at all, can you actually see it?

A lot of monitors fail due to electrolytic capacitors failing on the main board, if you were prepared to take the back off it I would check those as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

tinner777 wrote: »
    hi, tried both separately, nothing, nothing but light blue screen on start up.

Worth connecting to other display to rule out a gfx card problem as well.

Hi, can't see osd at all, nothing, the computer works fine on another display

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

It's likely something wrong with the AV board on the monitor or possibly the power supply. Is the power supply built in or do you have a separate adapter?

power supply is a cable with plug, no adapter,

so work it dept have condemned the monitor so it's for the bin.

Is there anything diy i could do to fix, diagnose it?

Advertisement