Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposal of grass sods?

Options
  • 08-08-2016 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi can any one tell me where I can get rid of grass sods? I've tried the recycling centre in navan but they won't take it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Turn them upside down in a heap and you'll soon have a small pile of nice soil

• Registered Users Posts: 36,059 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I dunno where you can dispose of your grass, and don't call me sod !

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Stack them in layers (first layer grass down, second layer soil down, third layer grass down - so grass meets grass) and continue on like this. Cover with weed barrier (or just knock the weeds off them every so often with a spade). The grass will compost down and you will have nice topsoil for your planted areas or as filling for raised beds in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nc13

Thanks but i need rid of it. I am putting in a path way. And I have nowhere to put it or get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nc13

Thanks but I need rid of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement