Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have 3G but says I'm 'not subscribed to a mobile data service'.

Options
  • 08-08-2016 2:30pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got this message before? I have signal, the yoke at the top says 3G and I have 4GB left this month but the phone won't connect. I took a screenshot of the message but any figure out how to attach it. Basically it says - Could not activate mobile data network. You are not subscribed to a mobile data service.

I've tried to Google this but I've terrible wifi here. I'm in Asia on a local sim but from what I saw online this is an apple problem (on iPhone SE). Some say connect iTunes to the phone to get settings but I don't have a laptop here. Tried resetting network settings and restarting phone.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Have you rang your provider and asked them to refresh your apn settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

1. Check that Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data is turned on.

2. If you can't speak to the Network Provider, try googling (subject to wi-fi capabilities): (Network Name) APN, (Network Name) data settings or similar terms

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Type 17 wrote: »
    1. Check that Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data is turned on.

2. If you can't speak to the Network Provider, try googling (subject to wi-fi capabilities): (Network Name) APN, (Network Name) data settings or similar terms

Thanks to you both for replying. Tried provider, they don't speak English. Googled the APN thing. There's a website called unlockit.co.nz that can install apn settings on my phone. I'm not sure I trust that site to install something on my phone though. Don't want to wreck my new phone. Think it's legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

dory wrote: »
    Thanks to you both for replying. Tried provider, they don't speak English. Googled the APN thing. There's a website called unlockit.co.nz that can install apn settings on my phone. I'm not sure I trust that site to install something on my phone though. Don't want to wreck my new phone. Think it's legit?

That site has been around for years and won't cause any harm.

Advertisement