Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wonda did you do anything different? Rear facing cam in different light?

I tried it again on my tablet rear facing but can't tell if it works til i boot up the game so will try it in a while. Seen some really good results online so want to get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In fairness I had the family in stitches laughing at me....I lied down in front of my main sitting room window which gets the most NATURAL light and I used the rear facing camera on my Sony Xperia Z4.

The missus straddled me (ohhhh matron!!!) and scanned my face while I did all the movements. Its very important to maintain the eye contact with the lens as you do it and then upload.

I felt like a saap but I look the bizzo running around in game.

Ahh the things grown men do......

Ha class! If it doesn't work tonight, will try again in the morning with natural light. Ronnie2k is retweeting good scans and a lot of them are identical to real life.

Did you go with the centre?

Loving the steals. Knocking the ball away with timing, no result when timing is off and foul when you are just hacking away, just as it should be.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ha class! If it doesn't work tonight, will try again in the morning with natural light. Ronnie2k is retweeting good scans and a lot of them are identical to real life.

Did you go with the centre?

Loving the steals. Knocking the ball away with timing, no result when timing is off and foul when you are just hacking away, just as it should be.

I did'nt go with centre in the end, I had it made and I just taught I am only getting used to being a PG and I aint that hot so why fcuk it up with a new position. Still not 100% of the transition lines etc or even how to do proper pick n rolls etc.

So I went with a PF (shot creator) a la Kevin Durrant off Thunder. I still find it very very hard to beat my man for an opening even with all the fancy moves I can muster lol, I find the new shot system not as intuitive as the old one but maybe with a bit of practice.

I deffo need to get into a party chat with you guys who know the score for a few tips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In fairness I had the family in stitches laughing at me....I lied down in front of my main sitting room window which gets the most NATURAL light and I used the rear facing camera on my Sony Xperia Z4.

The missus straddled me (ohhhh matron!!!) and scanned my face while I did all the movements. Its very important to maintain the eye contact with the lens as you do it and then upload.

I felt like a saap but I look the bizzo running around in game.

Ahh the things grown men do......
    And there I was thinking it was going to be difficult :pac:

• Advertisement

Doesnt have to be man, even stand out the back garden with a front facing camera with even neutral light. But you know I am a perfectionist with a PERFECT Face.

Its like they say in them TV ads.....I AM WORTH IT!

:o;):o

Saw a tips vid for the facescan and first try came out really good but just with weird eyes. Tried it another few times and all came out like Halloween masks. More attempts needed but this vid is very good if you're having problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is it possible to restart the Prelude? I got a couple of A+ teammate grades but only 4 points and 4 assists then a couple of cutscenes and snippets saying how horribly I played and I've been downgraded from lottery pick to mid 1st round. I would have went for more points if I had known my teammate grade doesn't count.

Also got completely shafted in the semi final game. It was tied at the end of the 4th, then I didn't even get on the court for a second of overtime and it generated a loss by a point.

I can't wait for the full release though!

Nope, they didn't want everyone replaying it to get top picks. Good in a way as it makes the games very tense but crap when things just aren't going your way. You can replay the prelude when the full game comes out alright though if you want to just start at the beginning then.

• Advertisement

Just un-install the prelude and re-install surely that would work, alot of hassle all the same.

One thing I have noticed about the face scan app is that 9/10 times for me if the scan if average quality it does a better job then a higher rated scan....done it a few times more with better scans and it looks a hell of alot worse.

I thought they link it with your 2k account. You would need to play it on another psn account. I tried it but it wouldn't let me play offline so had to setup a new 2k account. Too much hassle so didn't bother. Got a really good face scan, lips are a bit strange and looks odd in cutscenes but don't want to try again before finishing the prelude. Have one more game to go.

I keep going to instant replays and taking vids and screenshots, some unreal details in there onece you slow the action down.

@zero cool LMAO

Haha not of my face :pac: just of plays going on in general. One where a i was chasing a fastbreak play the length of the court after a steal. We only had one guy back and guy with the ball tried a layup. My teammate jumped to block but the guy switched the layup to go under and to the side of the block mid air. Gave me enough time to jump and block the switch move, swatted out out of there. Thought it was cool when it happened live but watching it back in slo mo from different angles showed how much 2k actually put into it.

Just from prelude gameplay, best nba 2k game I've played yet.

Finished the Prelude with 4 wins and Lottery Pick in the draft. The USA game was class. Can't wait to lash into the full game Thursday night.

Recommend to log into the app (I'd it's working for ye) every day to get the free vc and start the full game with a couple thousand of it.

Finished the Prelude with 4 wins and Lottery Pick in the draft. The USA game was class. Can't wait to lash into the full game Thursday night.

Recommend to log into the app (I'd it's working for ye) every day to get the free vc and start the full game with a couple thousand of it.

Yet again I miss out with my gammy windows phone.

Also makes going the Indian route Thursday night more difficult as id need to use Revolut, which again I cant download on Windows.

Russia doesn't launch until 10.30pm at e55, whereas India is 7.30pm and e47.

I think ill do the prelude again if you can skip the cutscenes and change difficulty which I'm sure you can do.
    Its just too hard to do anything as a SG-SF-PF(I'm guessing a genuine C works as well as PG) when there's no plays and little going for a good team rate grade.

Yupp College years is all about being a glory hole. I was giving teammates wide open shots bit they kept missing. In our final game, i finished with -A, got 13 pts, 6 assists, 3 rbs and 2 steals bit the newsies said i didn't know what kind of player i was and i didn't really impress. Gonna go straight to the draft anyway in the full game and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Where are you planning on getting it? I only have a 500GB HDD for my PS4 (never bothered upgrading it) so I don't want to download it.

It seems that you can't reserve it in Smyths for some reason. Amazon will be a day later, and only using the Game Collection for the first time this week with PES. If Smyths don't have it on Friday then I'm screwed for getting it for the weekend unless I order soon from somewhere (or go to Gamestop and buy €10 quid extra).

Getting mine from Irish PSN. Got 100 psn credit trading in 3 games so the 70 price wasn't an issue thankfully. Still wasn't tempted to get the other editions. My 500gb is Constantly on the brink but just delete games knowing i can download again if i fancy it. Plus i know I'll probably get pissed off with this in a month and trade it in during a rage quit only to want to buy it back again so digital saves me that hassle :)

MyTeam dev Blog is up. Sounds like some really good changes. Quick challenges sounds fun. 9 leagues, one for each card color.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-my-team-blog-with-associate-producer-peter-cornforth/10153816347572267

I only gave MyTeam a proper go earlier this year so gonna start up a team straight away at the weekend and bounce between that and My Career.

• Advertisement

Dont really know an awful lot about Bball in general (apart from rules) tactics wise I would be brutal TBH, but will give the my team a whack aswell.

Game downloading from Irish psn atm. 61.6 GBs total size.

Was hoping to get this from the Indian market but it seems that Revolut no longer works for any region, so I'll need to go with Russia, launches at 10pm for E55 but India was 7pm and E47.

Aw well, only a few hours either way. Took tomorrow off work too so I'll have a rare late night.

If there's new XB1 players this year, drop me your gamertag or add me.

Would like regulars to play in the Park with.
    Lost count how many times last year I'd log in, walk around for a minute and just back out considering there'd be a few crews dominating and randomers are usually "miss".

GT: GilbertoGalway

Hopefully the matchmaking for MyPark works better this year especially starting off in mid 60's rating playing against 90's who spent all their pocket money on VC. Saying that the best games in the Park are definitely with fwends. One of the lads on here Marty and me wrecked house online and only really got stuck against 99 7ft guards or if our 3rd player was the usual shyte trying layup over the 3 guys on the other team.

My Park becomes a while different mode playing with people on headsets who are glory holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hopefully the matchmaking for MyPark works better this year especially starting off in mid 60's rating playing against 90's who spent all their pocket money on VC. Saying that the best games in the Park are definitely with fwends. One of the lads on here Marty and me wrecked house online and only really got stuck against 99 7ft guards or if our 3rd player was the usual shyte trying layup over the 3 guys on the other team.

My Park becomes a while different mode playing with people on headsets who are glory holes.

Some of the alley oops were magnificent that night, Chris Paul and Blake Griffin would've been proud! :pac:

Have the prelude downloaded but waiting for the chance to do a facescan in natural light to start it, because I'm getting awful results without it. I'll probably pick the game up by Novemeber and I'll be up for any multiplayer then for the craic. Thinking of making a PF this year who excels in the post and rebounding if I can tailor it that way.

Wow... the game downloaded to 20% in nearly two hours.

I restarted the box and pulled the enternet cable and was still getting a max of 20mbs.

Only realised then I have the location set to Russia, low and behold when I revert back to Ireland it jumps to 80mbs.
    I didn't even know you'd get a lower download speed on a different setting, just knew that 20mbs was way below whats I should be getting on this internet connection.

Would have been sickening if I wasn't keeping an eye on it and went back to check at 10pm, would have barely been at 60% at that rate.

I too am DL as I speak its only on 22GB of 54GB so I hope it will be ready for midnight if game is live then....Also how does the draft work?

If I am good enough and get picked 1st can I pass on that team if I dont like it or do you get a list and pick from the ones you want.....

Add me on PSN for some qualitaaaaa Bball bruh!

PSN:wonda3oy

Mine fully downloaded and ready to go at 12. I think the draft is you being forced into whatever team picks you but the last couple of years had you being able to choose where you want to go so not sure yet. Same as Wondaboy, anyone on ps4 give a shout if ye fancy some Park games or friendlies.

I'm on psn - sheehy83

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I too am DL as I speak its only on 22GB of 54GB so I hope it will be ready for midnight if game is live then....Also how does the draft work?

If I am good enough and get picked 1st can I pass on that team if I dont like it or do you get a list and pick from the ones you want.....

Add me on PSN for some qualitaaaaa Bball bruh!

PSN:wonda3oy

I'll be scrapping the 10pm launch now but not by too much.
    If I wasn't checking on it, it wouldn't have been done by 12 even.

I wouldn't worry about being drafted first, it's extremely hard.
    Id consider myself an above average online player and I've never came close to it.

I'm sure I could get it if I made it my business, but in a single attempt, its very unlikely you'll get it.

You cant pass as a rookie, you'd need to wait for the "trade me" option to come up after how ever many games and there's also no guarantee on a team there either.

I've always found that, no matter where you go, your team mates were always the same while the opposition barely miss the gimme chances.
    Hopefully that's different this year.

Advertisement