Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I've always found that, no matter where you go, your team mates were always the same while the opposition barely miss the gimme chances.
    Hopefully that's different this year.
    Always found that the most frustrating part of mycareer, no matter what talent your surrounded by it dosnt make a huge difference.

I'll be getting the full game in the next week or two so ill play a bit of Mypark with ye. Playing C for first timr though so might need a bit of time to learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Was hoping to get this from the Indian market but it seems that Revolut no longer works for any region, so I'll need to go with Russia, launches at 10pm for E55 but India was 7pm and E47.

Aw well, only a few hours either way. Took tomorrow off work too so I'll have a rare late night.

If there's new XB1 players this year, drop me your gamertag or add me.

Would like regulars to play in the Park with.
    Lost count how many times last year I'd log in, walk around for a minute and just back out considering there'd be a few crews dominating and randomers are usually "miss".

GT: GilbertoGalway

Penguins Haooo is my GT. I'll be getting this tomorrow haven't had it since 2k14 but would be decent enough. And have yet to play the park so will take a bit of learning

Carroller wrote: »
    Penguins Haooo is my GT. I'll be getting this tomorrow haven't had it since 2k14 but would be decent enough. And have yet to play the park so will take a bit of learning

I don't care how good or bad anyone is, just want regular team mates so I'm not stuck with people playing for themselves and taking ridic shots constantly.

People are so gullible it's extremely easy to work drive and kicks to open players, you'll have two each game sweating to get blocks.

Only takes a small bit of organisation/team work to get a streak going, but going in alone means you're often on the end of those beatings with the general park player.

If you had 14 you'll pick it back up quick, hasn't been any significant changes in years.

Download was complete more or less at 10 on the button.

Loaded up and wonder where my 35k VC was.. After about two mins of looking I realise it said "2k16"... Who the else wants VC for the older game as a pre-order bonus... 5k for 2k17.

You get forced straight into warm up games in MyTeam. Cant alter the line up, play online, anything until at least this first SP challenge is over(there's three in the window, so could be all three).

Choice on starter pack was easy, Curry, Leonard, Porzingis or some other middle roader.
    Had to take Lebron, the other two have strengths but Lebron is lethal if used right.

Edit: You join the game with only 2mins to go and an insurmountable lead, I was expecting a full game.
    Can fly through the three so, and failing will be hard.
    We had nearly a 10 point lead here and started with the ball with 2mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought curry would be most first picks although i think if you do use him, you'll just be swarmed outside the arc anyway. Might go with Lebron myself. Those short challenges sound good, nice welcome.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I thought curry would be most first picks although i think if you do use him, you'll just be swarmed outside the arc anyway. Might go with Lebron myself. Those short challenges sound good, nice welcome.

You'll only have them for four games anyway.

Ya I hated the challenges last year, 5 full games for like 2000 points.
    I prefer online play so it needs to be something like this to draw me in or else ill just play a real person if its a normal game.

Second challenge and first proper one is getting 3 3s in the 4th with the Cavs against the Hawks... I'll give them a go at some point. Just want to play online or career now and nobody is around for MyT blacktop so I'll just see where I was drafted.

Let me know who ye get in the MyTeam packs, the initial option, the one after the first game where you "have enough for a pack" tutorial, I got Iggy in that, and Wade from one of the pre order ones.

Wonder do most pull one or two decent players in those initial ones... Mine seemed lucky.

2k said people will be get better cards alright. Can ya tell me if those challenges use up contracts?

2k said people will be get better cards alright. Can ya tell me if those challenges use up contracts?

Didn't see it clarified either way, id imagine so or you'd be able to keep your pack player for that.
    For that initial tutorial game I don't think it did but you couldn't take them out of the line up so that's expected.

Got drafted 16th with gammy college stats but great team mate grades in college(SF position).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nearly there now, millers are chillin in da fridge and the pringles are popped!!

Time to get the "W's" Lionel Ritchie Style (All night long!)

*in Bruce Buffer voice* IT'S TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!

• Advertisement

Thank god I didn't get it at 12.

I've had it since 10 and my first career game is just loading and the only other game I played with the 2mins from MYT challenge.

Sunk two hours doing sweet FA :D

Not in the top 3 pick...SHENANIGANS :pac:

10th pick baby.....to the smelly Bucks :(

Uh, think we have a major coding error here in career.

In my first game, there's been two instances of a big playing PG for no reason.

Playing the Nets, Bogdanovic takes the ball up court for some strange reason on one play.

The in the 4th, the PG passes to Brook Lopez who's trailing after the inbound and he basically tries to ISO attack his marker from half court and throws it away.
    Have a video of Lopez but cant upload it off the phone.

Two times in a small sample game where bigs with no ball handling have taken PG.

Ive never seen this issue before, seems a big bug to leave in the game if its going to be common.

Let me know if ye see any random ball handlers like that.

Edit: Brook Lopez the ISO master https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhmasvwBzarnivVtdyxyIMgGwlI_Zg

That's gas!

Never got my jumpstart rep for staying with Sunset Ballers. Bastards!

My PF tries to dribble it up the court of he gets a rebound ffs. Biggest gripe so far is that my 6'3 PG looks like a 7'2 center in cutscenes, looks really weird.

Wow the park is still completely annoying.

Its the exact same as last year, visually. Zero changes.
    First game I have two lads 80+ with me, second I'm against two 80+.

Both games, hammered, guys going 0:6 and 1:6 in game two... I forced up a few in the first when we were buried(rebound put backs) but people just try shoot the stupidest jumpers constantly.

Hopefully there's a few from here that build up, in two games and with it looking the same,. I'm bored of the Park with randomers already.

I cant believe it.

You cant skip the prelude cutscenes, it wasn't a demo specific addition to limit replayability as I'd have thought.

Trying to do a PG and having to suffer through all this again.
    Why is that the case... Needless.

I went into Park last night, had a look around and left. All guys higher rated and courts all full, couldn't bother waiting around. Thinking of starting career from scratch as my pg is built like a tank, not my intention, and just looks too big, must have fecked up with wingspan or something. Saying that I've pumped about 9k vc into him so would suck starting again with 0. Hhhmmmm

Also had 1 game with the Bucks....0 points. Think that's the first time that happened. Glory teammates bring the root cause.

I went into Park last night, had a look around and left. All guys higher rated and courts all full, couldn't bother waiting around. Thinking of starting career from scratch as my pg is built like a tank, not my intention, and just looks too big, must have fecked up with wingspan or something. Saying that I've pumped about 9k vc into him so would suck starting again with 0. Hhhmmmm

Also had 1 game with the Bucks....0 points. Think that's the first time that happened. Glory teammates bring the root cause.

Park has loads of 80+ players already.

I played three games and my team got hockeyed in all three(circa 21-6).
    Think I only got a shot in the first game so its not like I was the issue.

The frustration of the park comes back immediately since they made no changes, just like a continuation of last years game.

I'm just going to headhunt good team mates this time, when I play with a decent player I'll add them and try build up connections that way, otherwise ill never even reach level 3, as ill leave it.

Starting again is such a pain, cant believe they made the cut scenes unavoidable, it made sense in the Prelude but its just stupid having it in the full game.
    I'm not starting it a third time anyway, PG and SF will have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can anyone tell me if this is as annoying as 2k16? As in, regardless of how well you play, they game still forces a loss? I'm at my wits end with 16 because of it! Also, is it play to win again? Like 16, where you need VC to upgrade your player, but you don't start earning until the second season and even then it's paltry pay where you can upgrade a single attribute once every few games?

• Advertisement

Currently 59 euro in argos on current gen. Great price!

Got picked at 10 aswell to the poxy magic!!!! Head was wrecked last night with them....I am finding it alot harder then last year TBH.

People must just buy the game and spend another fortune on VC to get players pimped straight out the gate.

Really need to learn to stream moves together, nothing I do beats the man I am up against.

In my head I am GOAT but my fingers say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I made a random player on the prelude and played it for a total of two minutes now my career has that player saved. Any way I can remake a real player that I want to use? Annoying

Carroller wrote: »
    I made a random player on the prelude and played it for a total of two minutes now my career has that player saved. Any way I can remake a real player that I want to use? Annoying

Yeah you should be able to access save files for my career. Delete the current one and start new career.

I know you guys are playing the series years but what difficulty are you playing it on.....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I know you guys are playing the series years but what difficulty are you playing it on.....

All-Star. Will play a few games see how it goes. The AI can be cheesy on any difficulty (opposing team making every basket, your teammates making none) so difficulty is just finding a good balance where the game is most enjoyable.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I've always played on HOF, just so I could never think that I'm playing below the max.(plus max VC multiplier)

Makes little difference in most aspects.

I'm still perplexed by the new jump shot accuracy.

Need to load an exhibition with an idle remote for player two.

Its not clear whether you always need to pull down, up, or camera relative(if you're in the corner do you pull right or left).

I'm also getting red on lay ups, it's going to be hard to adjust.
    Even in the home court I wad generally holding it far too long.
    I've scored lay ups off red though, so maybe its not significant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Not in the top 3 pick...SHENANIGANS :pac:

10th pick baby.....to the smelly Bucks :(
    How well did you play, Ive it on the download no so getting excited

Charizard wrote: »
    How well did you play, Ive it on the download no so getting excited

3 really good games, 1 average to poor.

• Advertisement

Seriously. ....**** this game. 4 games in career and most of my time had been spent txt messaging, practicing and watching cutscenese of 2K virtually blow themselves by talking about that new 2k game. I feel my player cares more about playing the new nba 2k game than actually being in the nba.

As for the actual games, in rated so low that i can't shoot, pass, dribble, run, pass. Turnover city. My teammates can't score. The other team get a foul with and 1 on nearly every shot they take, it's ridiculous.

I really didn't see myself turning it off because i just didn't want to play the next game. Gonna start up My Team tonight, give that a go.

Advertisement