Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K17

Options

Comments

Wow... HOF is basically unplayable with a bog standard 55-59 player.

Got a D in my last game and can't get above C+ since starting in the NBA.

My PG shoots airballs from distance, this whole new aiming is throwing me off too, my brain might be pulling it at angles(I believe you need to pull down regardless) and I had 5 turnovers in the last game in about 3mins play time.... one even went towards the defender and not the target.

Play calling is still broken, you put manual on and they run regardless. Plays are broken too(playvision wise).... getting tired of this constant problem with plays, and why can I still not set my own play book and review plays in a practice mode.
    Using the 2k smart play is just giving me the same old pass to a tall... just the same 2/3 garbage plays.

Getting pinged for "Holding the ball too long" while waiting to pass on said plays, called or uncalled ones.

Going to have to drop the difficulty for certain as HOF is a complete waste of time, and I've never had this inclination before.
    Even if you didnt stat you'd get a good team mate score but I'm getting hammered in that regard too.

Just don't know how I'm going to run anything bar a pick and roll when the play calling is this messy(visually), broken(playvision) and quick calling is worthless.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Seriously. ....**** this game. 4 games in career and most of my time had been spent txt messaging, practicing and watching cutscenese of 2K virtually blow themselves by talking about that new 2k game. I feel my player cares more about playing the new nba 2k game than actually being in the nba.

As for the actual games, in rated so low that i can't shoot, pass, dribble, run, pass. Turnover city. My teammates can't score. The other team get a foul with and 1 on nearly every shot they take, it's ridiculous.

I really didn't see myself turning it off because i just didn't want to play the next game. Gonna start up My Team tonight, give that a go.

Didn't read this until after I wrote my message.... there is DEFINITELY something different this year.

Your player is pure garbage, I've never had any problems playing HOF from the get go and in three games I've scored about 4 points.
    Actually decided to try the Park now to build VC instead of vice versa in other years.

Overall I'd say I'm disappointed.

It's very similar to 16 bar the steals and shooting and other minor additions.
    Park is the exact same.
    Plays are broken yet again.
    Passing is the exact same, and even less accurate(as a 55-60 anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

At one point after 4 turnovers, i was running down the court with a guy on either side. I pressed left and passed and he passed out to the guy on the right who happened to have a guy straight on him who interecpted it. I knew the passing seemed worse but that straight up proved it.

I'm thinking do i just start again with a new build but most likely it will be this way until i get iinto the high 70's rating.

A player who is rated 62 should not be in the NBA. I'm putting all vc into speed stats but doesn't help when i don't have dribble moves.

I'm not giving 2k a penny for VC bit you can't blame them as id say they a made a few mil alone selling vc today.

Also, the soundtrack is so awful, i mute the telly when my missus comes in the room as some of the pop/rnb is that embarrassing.

At one point after 4 turnovers, i was running down the court with a guy on either side. I pressed left and passed and he passed out to the guy on the right who happened to have a guy straight on him who interecpted it. I knew the passing seemed worse but that straight up proved it.

I'm thinking do i just start again with a new build but most likely it will be this way until i get iinto the high 70's rating.

A player who is rated 62 should not be in the NBA. I'm putting all vc into speed stats but doesn't help when i don't have dribble moves.

I'm not giving 2k a penny for VC bit you can't blame them as id say they a made a few mil alone selling vc today.

Also, the soundtrack is so awful, i mute the telly when my missus comes in the room as some of the pop/rnb is that embarrassing.

It's actually not just your player.

I played my first 5v5 there and in that game Paul George threw two god awful passes, one that went out of play between the two players and another where a wide open player was missed for a defenders stomach a good distance away.

I absolutely hate this new jump shot aim.

I didn't know how bad it was until a 5V5, I was getting reds the whole game due to my brain been used to pulling it camera relative or just some random way.
    I'm still not even sure it is always down, a conclusive video should have been added to clarify the change.
    I lost by a point and messed up 90% of my jumpers pulling them the wrong way, gave up on it for free throws anyway but trying to keep at it for jumpers.

I think holding up is a bank shot while down is a swish. I'm just gonna stick to the button shooting. I've managed a few green releases with the button so will stick with it. Taking a freeshot a while ago, use the stick for that. I'd say 90%of the bar full and it was an airball, never saw that before :pac: its like cartoon monsters stole my talent.

• Advertisement

A moment of brilliance this game is capable of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Sounds like youre not of to a good start. The player rating always annoyed me tbh. But I suppose he you had a 80 rated player, youd be less inclined to buy vc.
    As for the soundtrack, it never has a patch on fifa or madden

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well as embarrassed as I am saying it I am playing on Pro, I am the shooting down I get mostly green or very close. Its deffo not as accurate as 16 Id say a patch is needed to iron out a few bugs especially in practise where its can get caught on a loop and not progress.

My player is up to 75 (spent €10 on VC and thats all I am spending got my ball skills up to 75 so I can use the elite moves and set my player up with better animations and it does help an awful lot)

Still only managing about 10 points a game and I have played 10 game and lost 8 even when I am best player on park I am getting subbed but I think its just the way it is for the start. I asked to get traded and it asked me if I wanted to bring my brother from another mother with me so I think you have to work through the story for the 1st season anyway.....

My team is a joke for me have not got a clue whats what. Cant even find where to offer new contracts and I lost Lebron James because of it very confusing.

I find that in my career just keep advancing to the next game manually and the text ****e is less of an issue. I have got a major shoe deal with adidas so all my shoes and apparel are FREE!

I trotted MyTeam last night and found it a great laugh. No online yet, just sp but at least i could see what it was like to control a high rated player. Just gonna grind through career games to get my VC up but even trying to play it safe and non aggressive, i keep making turnovers and too slow to stay with my man.

Tried Park this morning. Only one 3v3 court didn't have people waiting so went there, about 8 mins later game finishes and losers run straight to the Squad spot and get an instant rematch. Went off and waited somewhere else for a game where it was us (low 60's) against them (mid 80's). Was close and they best us by 3. Some amount of bad shots.

Still didn't get my bonus rep for staying with Sunset. 2k said it would unlock after paying a game but nothing.

Anyone on PS4 up for joining a Pro-Am team? Need 3-5 players to get a game going and a max of 10 players. If you are online and see at least 2 others from the team on, you can jump into a game with them. Level up and we can customise our court and jerseys. It's creak we can't do it straight away though.

Anyway, if you fancy joining the Fecking Eejits (name up for debate), leave your PSN here and I'll add ya. Bizarrely I can't see an option to just invite people on my friends list, have to enter your name.

• Advertisement

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Npo_zEmoKc

That same thing happened to me, where a big dragged me back into the paint away from the PG, I didn't get hit with a 3 pointer though.

So what way are ye shooting?... X like Smoove or is anyone trying to master the analogue?.

The analogue would want to give you some edge to make it worthwhile when a bad press results in airballs, wide shots etc

Maaaaan so glad that is being pointed out. Happened in my last 3 games, big would screen me and then it would be like he picks me up and carries me to the baseline and all 3 times my man nails the open 3. Thats BS indeed Chris Smoove.

I'm sticking with button shooting. Stick is supposed to give an advantage if you nail it but too much of a disadvantage if you don't.

Maaaaan so glad that is being pointed out. Happened in my last 3 games, big would screen me and then it would be like he picks me up and carries me to the baseline and all 3 times my man nails the open 3. Thats BS indeed Chris Smoove.

I'm sticking with button shooting. Stick is supposed to give an advantage if you nail it but too much of a disadvantage if you don't.

Its complete tripe.

Ive lost my second online 5v5 trying it.

In the heat of a game, its hard to tell if you've pulled it "camera relative" so if on a slight angle pulling it slightly left/right.

I'm just constantly getting reds, sometimes Im pushing it fully right or left as I'd have done in previous years but others it's happening unbeknownst.

I'm going to get fed up of the game if I persist with it, as your shots on red can barely hit the rim.

Timing the lay ups is pure tripe as well.
    Unless you're looking at the bar there's no way you're getting anything bar a red.
    I spent last year trying to get myself out of the habit of bar watching in 5V5 and to watch the hands.... now you're being asked to watch the bar on drives, just another terrible idea.

Same button delay in online, if you tried to move your PG forward as you're inbounding you could be at the half way line before it works, this is extremely frustrating when you're losing and frustrated.

The in game menus are once again, god awful.
    Making subs in game is still near impossible, you're given no time to do it, they're visually horrible and slow to navigate and I spent my last time two struggling to make subs, they also don't seem to give you the option to sub in the time out menus(which are again, awful to navigate and hard to learn on the job).

Having an extremely frustrating experience thus far, granted it's my own choice to try to use the analogue aiming, but it shouldnt be this bloody annoying.
    And I should be given the choice to try camera relative as I'm definitely pulling it sideways at some points.
    I'd have used both last year, but now it's either X or the other, would like if they added the option to return to legacy settings so I could use both.

So Ive only played MYCAREER and well I dont feel a massive change in play. I never play the Ultimate Team of it, so cant rate a game on that. Ill play another game later after the football is over in franchise mode

Thankfully I have come to the series so late ( I only have the free 2K16 PSN DL about 3 weeks before 2K17) I am having no real probs coming to terms with the new stick shooting I think its brilliant especially with the shot off the dribble.

You deffo get a boost if you nail the shot straight. You all prolly know this but you can get 2 greens on the shot, one for nailing the semi circle and another if you nail the little arrow halfway (where last years sweet spot is) You can even get it 90% on the semi circle and nail the sweet spot on the direction and it goes in all the time. Thats how I am nailing alot of my shots.....TBH.

Only real gripe I have thus far is leading the games by about 15 points in the 3rd quarter and get subbed (even if you are best player) 4th quarter starts and you you get subbed in and losing straight away but 10 or so......****in so frustrating.

@ Zero,

I deffo up for a spot on the Pro Am team but I wil prolly be the weak spot on the team. But if you stuck for numbers I play till you get someone better m8 lol.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

@ Zero,

I deffo up for a spot on the Pro Am team but I wil prolly be the weak spot on the team. But if you stuck for numbers I play till you get someone better m8 lol.

Haha we'd be extremely lucky if we get 10 on the team so no fear of cutting anyone. No level of skill needed, as long as we can have a bit of craic is all that matters.

I'm actually finding it very hard to invite anyone. I think you have to go into 2k pro am from career menu and then set yourself as a free agent before i can invite you but there must be an easier way to do it.

Haha we'd be extremely lucky if we get 10 on the team so no fear of cutting anyone. No level of skill needed, as long as we can have a bit of craic is all that matters.

I'm actually finding it very hard to invite anyone. I think you have to go into 2k pro am from career menu and then set yourself as a free agent before i can invite you but there must be an easier way to do it.

Will do that now.....and see whats what. Craic is whats its all about, TBH I will learn a few tricks off you m8.

Had my first pro-am game there for the laugh, My GOD you get nearly 1000VC for a win!!!! Deffo gonna have a game or two a day at that rate......also got my 1st 30 point game in my career.

Happy days, still looking for my 1st alley oop and put back.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Had my first pro-am game there for the laugh, My GOD you get nearly 1000VC for a win!!!! Deffo gonna have a game or two a day at that rate......also got my 1st 30 point game in my career.

Happy days, still looking for my 1st alley oop and put back.
    Whats this were talking about Ted

In my career, go to Pro-Am about halfway down the menu. Place yourself as a free agent 1st so you can join me and Zero lol on the best team around!!!!

Then just select walk on and you join random lads playing each other. If you win the game you get about 850-1000 VC for a win depending on your performance.

• Advertisement

Anyone on ps4 up for some park or pro-am?

**** sake my park rep reset to 0, second time it's happened in 2 days.

Got hit with two sickening late game winners yesterday.

In 5 games I've won 1, the first two I can put down to the stick shooting but those latter two had me raging.

Both took stupid shots and scored winners, the first held it for the full 16 seconds, passed a couple of ridicules passes that he got away with before shooting a post fader with Kobe that was contested.
    Second guy shoots a contested corner three(losing by 1) and I get blocked on the last play.

First guy has two turnovers despite throwing around ridicules passes and the second guy got two three point foul shots when the AI contested them and didn't even knock the player (went 6:6).

Considering the game is NBA 2k16.5 these kind of games are instantly annoying and make me want to turn the game off.

I have to say, they said that these new additions would make the game more skillful.
    Making lay ups harder doesnt make the game more skillful, most players just abuse three point shots where they can use X and they don't have to reskill at all.
    They're actually penalising the people who's try play inside-out.

They better get rid of this engine for 2k18, I've had my full cup of this one now, plays horribly against people online with button delays and the other usual craic.

I tried a walk on pro-am last night and it was great craic. We won handy enough. I was appointed PG but another pg on the team kept attracting in front of me hoping for the inbound pass and he was a glory hole. Other than that everyone else passed and took open shots. Jumped a whole rep level from one game. Pity my rep was reset this morning though.

Gilberto, sell that xbox and come over to the dark side :)

I tried a walk on pro-am last night and it was great craic. We won handy enough. I was appointed PG but another pg on the team kept attracting in front of me hoping for the inbound pass and he was a glory hole. Other than that everyone else passed and took open shots. Jumped a whole rep level from one game. Pity my rep was reset this morning though.

Gilberto, sell that xbox and come over to the dark side :)

Too late for me to do that, I was just too impatient on launch and couldn't wait for the PS launch.
    If it ever breaks anyway I'll probably move, have no "real life" friends on the Xbox but one a few on PS.

I'll just have to suffer along as a lone wolf... :D.

You'd think after 3 years of the consoles we'd have more of a community by now, its not like we're playing cricket either :D

Yupp same ol eejits giving out about the same ol stuff :pac:

Nice court Wonda and class shoe collection :) i think to get into a pro-am game as a team, we need at least 3 people and to do a walk on game, we have to go to Park first, squad up and then walk into the pro-am section. Very fiddly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this a tough game? never played a basketball game before.

So I like the fact we get a shoe contract straight away. None of this bull**** waiting ages

Very hard to say if it's tough as I'm playing it years now but what I think whey gives people a lot of problems staying out is hope to play smart basketball. If you take open shots, no one around, it has a good chance of going in. If you take a shot with a guy in your face, it has a low chance of going in. I see people online running into 2 guys and forcing a shot over them, missing and then complaining over the mic.

There are a TON of vids on YouTube with tips on how to play from basics to specific positions.

Give the prelude a go anyway seeing as it's free.

I don't regularly watch NBA anymore but this is driveline the best sports franchise I've played.

Charizard wrote: »
    So I like the fact we get a shoe contract straight away. None of this bull**** waiting ages

Speaking of, so glad I joined with Jordan, only mid November and had a business meeting where they gave me 4k VC, brand new custom Jordans and the original banned Jordans, class!

• Advertisement

Unlocked my first attribute slot in Career.
    Takes an absolute age, might at least mean that the most you'll get in the Park is 85ish with boosts.
    You'd need to play a fair amount of training to unlock 10+

Steep enough learning curve but you'll get there.

Tbh if you're new, you'd nearly be better off trying 16.
    Its nearly identical, cheap and you could save on a costly investment you don't like.

Advertisement