Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm 0-12 in My Park, such a frustrating mode that has tons of potential under the right circumstances. Ratings had nothing to do with. In 3v3 games, we (me and 2 randomers) got demolished by teams of guys in mid 50's and teams of mid 80's alike. All it takes is for 1 teammate to take a couple of stupid shots and you're done. I.e running the court, being double teamed out side the arc and then pulling off a fade away 3pt shooter.... I've never roared at my telly so much.

Had some close games but it always came down to 1 or both teammates just acting the gowl. I want to level up in Park to do the events when they pop up so I'm determined to stick at it. If anyone sees me on, send an invite on PSN - sheehy83

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm 0-12 in My Park, such a frustrating mode that has tons of potential under the right circumstances. Ratings had nothing to do with. In 3v3 games, we (me and 2 randomers) got demolished by teams of guys in mid 50's and teams of mid 80's alike. All it takes is for 1 teammate to take a couple of stupid shots and you're done. I.e running the court, being double teamed out side the arc and then pulling off a fade away 3pt shooter.... I've never roared at my telly so much.

Had some close games but it always came down to 1 or both teammates just acting the gowl. I want to level up in Park to do the events when they pop up so I'm determined to stick at it. If anyone sees me on, send an invite on PSN - sheehy83

Its completely dependent on having a squad.

I've played 4 and lost 4.

Since I was still L1 for Sunset I just left as the 4v4 court is never used and I hate 2v2 so there's a max of 4 courts.

Seems be 6 in Rivet City plus the 1v1v1 which at least eliminates randomers.

It's nigh on impossible to get a game unless you're with people as you'd often be ready and then 3 come along, squads seem more common than last year already.

Good tip, i only play 3v3 so that's 4 courts in sunset and 3 of them always had squads waiting. I'm only rookie 2 so might check out rivet later. Is there no Park clothes this year like coloured hoodies and shorts for the park you're repping?

Apparently a Park trailer is releasing this week and they have big plans for it. I read that playing through Park is the only way to get Yeezy's (Kanye Wests tackies).

Been slogging it alone in career thus far on Superstar and 5min quarters.
    Only skipped one game so played about 20.

Think I've scored about 15 points in total.

I've definitely more turnovers than points.

Got my playmaking to 75 to unlock the elite dribble moves and have them activated, took a fair amount of VC to get there so still have more or less basic shooting/speed/defence.

Worth getting it though tbh, can really get them dancing on defence now.
    Managed to score 4 points in the first game with them, probably scrapped 4 in the previous 4 games total.
    My original behind the back move was so bad, wouldn't beat anyone once with it.

In case anyone didn't know, the Team Practice isn't just move of the ''Doing Work'' bar, you can enter the mini gym and do about 6/7 mini games and at least two can boost your attributes.
    Game fails to tell you this though, I'd left at least one without doing them before checking the third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am absolutely loving it, I am deffo on for rookie of the year.....and I think a trade is on the card to a few "BIG BOYS" with 90-100% interest from Cavs, Clippers and GSW.

I hate the magic and that justice ****er is gonna get a slap if he keeps it up lol.

• Advertisement

I had to leave Denver.

They were ranked 28th or something and we had no shooters.
    Basically lost every game on superstar/5min.

Moved to Minnesota, took Justice for now to edge help me, and i jumped straight to A- ratings from Cs so getting nearly 600 VC now instead of 300.

Plenty of easy 2000-4000 bunches comes in after November.
    Got myself up to 70 now and maxed out my ball handling.

Only read today that free throws don't go up with shooting, and its up in the air how it increases, you can practice them in "Team Practice" but no noticeable indication.
    You definitely earn Hustle, Reactions and one or two others in practice(mainly weights room). Rumours its temporary though, bug or not.

I hate how they don't explain aspects of the game, I've a coach talking about weights now so maybe it's going to explain that side of the game.

EDIT: After two or three goes at Team Practice free throws, I can confirm you can get a +1 for it.
    In the gym, it seems to be Hand to Eye Co-Ordination(getting 10 + 20) you nearly always get a +1, I've got it for the Vertical jump and maybe one of the weight presses.
    It also doesn't seem to matter what colour you get the +1 for, don't think I've always got gold to get them.
    I cant get above a bronze in the ladder and I'm doing that as fast as I can, wonder is that bugged.

Let me know if ye discover any other games give +1s and do you need a certain score etc.... want to know what the trend is to unlocking them since they hide it from the gamers.

I have my PF up to 82 now, but I have been playing the game non stop more or less, have my agility maxed out and my mid range jump too. Have my shooting of the dribble quite high too.

Really wanna trade also but I have a good team at the magic and we are 2nd overall and on a really high win streak (playing on difficulty above pro whatever that is) got a few badges already but not the ones I want (dead eye, ankle breaker)

Another quick one guys, I am 99% sure I seen a NBA2K17 PS4 theme when I was DL the game. But for the life of me I cant find it anywhere.....anyone else get it with the pre order?

I'm enjoying it a lot more now that I'm half decent.

Hate the way in both 16 and 17 they make it so unenjoyable at the higher difficulties you have to suffer through or buy VC.

We're on a 3 game win streak at the min so I think we'll make the play offs even if we are 13-16(about) at the minute.

Just saw on Smooves video you can get some silly Orange Juice thing going where ye become God like.
    In a 5 min game I'd be lucky to get more than 2 assists with him so completely missed it.

Not a fan of that concept tbh, I know the AI cheeses us but I don't want to be able to cheese the AI back... Bit silly he has 99 3 point shots as well.

I'm going to disperse with him after this season anyway.

Activated Orange Juice yesterday, was class but did nothing with it. Forced a few plays which usually doesn't end well. I never realised he was 99 3pt but it's nice having a teammate who can make open shots. Is there anyway to choose who your pick guy is when you call for one? I'd like to use Justice and give him some alley oop passes when he rolls but it's always a big who helps out.

• Advertisement

If the OJ gets activated I press down on D PAD to control Justice steal the ball and then pass to myself and switch back....glory hole that I am lol. It is very NBA JAM when it happens but its not like you can do whatever you want when its on.

Half the time I just play on as normal and dont entertain it.

Activated Orange Juice yesterday, was class but did nothing with it. Forced a few plays which usually doesn't end well. I never realised he was 99 3pt but it's nice having a teammate who can make open shots. Is there anyway to choose who your pick guy is when you call for one? I'd like to use Justice and give him some alley oop passes when he rolls but it's always a big who helps out.

Ya its the same as last year.

Bring up the play menu(L1?) and hold their button to call them for a pick.

I used to use it a lot last year with the SGs and SFs and run pick and fade.

Terrible how you cant DL the official NBA app for the PS4 in europe!!! Only in the USA.....

Had to create a new user with any address in the USA and I am watching the the 10 ten plays for every team in the league last yr. now in glorious HD.

The app is AMAZING and I am gonna get the season pass for the new season when it starts in OCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

How do you activate OJ? I've heard it was with 5 assists between Pres and Young? How long does it last?

I've seen the full list of badges, but on nearly all sites I've checked, it only shows how you can unlock a couple of them. Are the others completely unknown?

Now that I've watched a few dribbling tutorials, I'm not failing all the 1 on 1 drills and no longer finding it completely impossible to drive to the basket.

3 assists between Pres and Justice activates OJ but not sure if it lasts a certain amount of time or what.

As for the badges, i thought each archetype starts with 5? I went into my badge list, there's 5 there for pg playmaker but i can't upgrade them as it says i don't have any badges. Really want the ankle breaker and dimer ones.

Park event happening tonight. Pity in only level 2 and you need to be 4 i think to enter events.

Most of the early badges are personality traits only like microwave and spark plug etc they cannot be upgraded but I have unlocked 4-5 of them. The others depending on your position unlock at bronze and you spend VC unlocking them.

I have 3 unlocked and upgraded they are Mid Range Deadeye, Tear dropper and one other I cant remember now. Still have not got ankle breaker but you just need to spam the hesitation move and step back constantly in plays.

Goddamn Park, i want to love it but it doesn't make it easy. Checked out the Flyers last night, excellent park, great design and 6 3v3 courts bit mostly squads with 90's ratings. Not fun. Matchmaking my hole.

Goddamn Park, i want to love it but it doesn't make it easy. Checked out the Flyers last night, excellent park, great design and 6 3v3 courts bit mostly squads with 90's ratings. Not fun. Matchmaking my hole.

What's the unique court in there?.

I've played about 6 games in total.

Its just a wasted mode, unless you have two friends you're wasting your time.

At least in Pro-Am the most you'll put up with is bad team mates.

I'll try the Park again when I'm a high rate, maybe people will add me to their squad at that point.

Even though I said a few pages ago I wad going to give up on the Pro Stick, I stuck it out, stubborn one I am.

I'm nearly there but I've just got a massive tendency to pull it left, really trying to train myself in to feel like I'm pulling a bit right as down to me is a bit left.
    If you get it central and nail the release you do get a fair boost regardless of your stats.

Since the game got easier when I hit 70ish I bumped back up to HOF last night.
    Need all that XP.

Seems as well, either by bugs or not, that the training boosts are disappearing.
    I've had a load of reaction +1s, and it was 1 point lower yesterday compared to two days ago.
    Just going in to get the free throws now until its fixed.

It's a 1v2 court which is very strange. If you score, you get 2 free throws and if you make them, you start with possesion again so you could get 4 points and start with the ball again. Very weird. I think I'm 0-14 in Park (swear it's not my fault :) ) might check out rivet tonight and if still ****, will stock to pro am to get rep. Just wish we had a team of 5 on here to play, would guarantee to be brilliant.

• Advertisement

It's a 1v2 court which is very strange. If you score, you get 2 free throws and if you make them, you start with possesion again so you could get 4 points and start with the ball again. Very weird. I think I'm 0-14 in Park (swear it's not my fault :) ) might check out rivet tonight and if still ****, will stock to pro am to get rep. Just wish we had a team of 5 on here to play, would guarantee to be brilliant.

I'd be up for playing if we can get a enough people for a team. I think I have you on my friends list already actually.

I haven't tried MyPark or ProAm yet for fear of getting arse pounded and being stuck with random idiots.

Same as Rivet so.

Ya that rule in 1v1v1 is probably common in street games.
    We played it one day when we only had 3 turn up and I know the lad who proposed it wasn't a 2k player.

V3ttel, in My Court, go to menu and open Pro Am. In there, make yourself a free agent and then i will be able to add you to the team. I think we can play blacktop pro am with 3 of us, even if not, myself you and wonda could try Park. Almost a guaranteed win if you have 3 guys working together.

Almost a guaranteed win if you have 3 guys working together.

You havent seen me play zero :eek:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    You havent seen me play zero :eek:

Man if you can pass and take open shots (whether they go in or not doesn't matter) then you're better than 80% of people on the park straight away :)

Bucks suuuuuuck, we haven't win in ages. Then 2 txts in a row, jackson ellis and john wall wanting to hang out when i have sponsor commitments. Both threw a hissy fit when i asked to change days. Ah the life of an nba player.

Bucks suuuuuuck, we haven't win in ages. Then 2 txts in a row, jackson ellis and john wall wanting to hang out when i have sponsor commitments. Both threw a hissy fit when i asked to change days. Ah the life of an nba player.

Those connections seem pointless this year.
    Only seem to get animations or other stuff I don't want.
    I've blown people off and turned them down and they still come back so there's no real consequences or choices.

For someone who has a 95 3 pointer, Justice misses an awful lot of open 3s.
    His stats seem to fluctuate as he was 99 before but he misses far too much regardless.

These games, team wise, are starting to get annoying on HOF.
    I'm doing fine but we're losing games a lot now.

The issues with the stamina, reactions etc needs to be resolved if they're a bug, having 65 odd stamina just isn't enough never mind the other ones.

V3ttel, in My Court, go to menu and open Pro Am. In there, make yourself a free agent and then i will be able to add you to the team. I think we can play blacktop pro am with 3 of us, even if not, myself you and wonda could try Park. Almost a guaranteed win if you have 3 guys working together.

Sounds good, I'll do that this evening.

Don't say I didn't warn you that I'm useless though. :pac:

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    Sounds good, I'll do that this evening.

Don't say I didn't warn you that I'm useless though. :pac:

You will be in good company mate, I only started playing the series about 4-5 weeks ago with the free DL of 16 on PSN.

You will be amazed how quickly you get the hang of the game and you will deffo find your own style of play.

Hit me up on PSN when I am on and we can jam or even yap in party chat.

Advertisement