Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some good tips here.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/09/26/the-sports-desk-10-tips-for-nba-2k17s-mycareer-mode.aspx

The badges sound awful grindy especially as they seem to encourage playing on rookie to boost them. I'm just gonna let them come naturally or else I'll get sick of it.

300 assists in 20 games is ****ing ridiculous.

https://m.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/53b7px/mycareer_official_badge_guide_thread_updated/?st=itkepp88&sh=b7a56098&utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Great few games there with Wonda and V3ttel. Played a blinder in the game below. Great offense, defense and passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mycareer seems like much more of a grind, they really want a you to buy that VC

ShaneU wrote: »

It's not fun at all on the highest difficulty levels until you get near the 70 mark.

For me it didn't get any better until I maxed out Playmaker as a Sharpshooter.

My shooting is still rubbish (low 70s) as a 77 rated player but you can manage without that for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

That was my first time playing MyPark. It's some craic, but the lag though.... I find it really difficult to move around with 1 or 2 second input delay on the left stick. It's like being warped around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

v3ttel wrote: »
    That was my first time playing MyPark. It's some craic, but the lag though.... I find it really difficult to move around with 1 or 2 second input delay on the left stick. It's like being warped around the place.

Yeah that (lag) really is the only killer from what is absolute mental craic online, good job you cant hear me roaring at the TV in that clip. Even the missus came down last night and told me to STFU!!!!

But Id say you deffo can get the hang of the lag after a while coz them boys last night were droppin the TRI-FACTORS no probs at all.

Major patch last night aswell at about 2am 4-5GB it was, no idea what it was for but Id say its the friends list glitch.

ShaneU wrote: »

It really depends what you want from the game, you can simulate all games in my career if you so wish. But for me what you put into the game you get back out..really is no need to be play HOF unless streaming online or some ****.

Stick it on Pro or All Star and have at it...its brilliant fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Still haven't added you Gilberto. Home off holidays on Thursday so will be on over the weekend at some stage we can try my park even though my pro is low stats. We try recruit another too

What I find really good about the grind is that you can incorporate it into the game.....its not like its some mind numbing activity that has nothing to do with the game of basketball.

Take for instance the tireless badge and the difficult shots badge, you can actually do them both at the same time.

New patch at 7.1 gbs is some balls but some nice fixes in there

"Travelling as a team to Parks and Pro-Am games should now be a lot smoother and more reliable. "

https://m.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-patch-103-notes/10153866078637267

• Advertisement

Wekk travelling to the park with the lads was definitely smoother but the friends list is still fooked so chore to even invite people. Getting into the swing of things though in Park. Most guys have higher ratings, a foot taller and use boost cards but we hold our own. Will be on again tonight if anyone is on for Park or pro-am (need to rank up in that to customize jerseys and our court.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'd like to give Pro Am a try actually. Can you customise the team name and logo on Pro Am too as well as the court & jerseys? That would be class.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'd like to give Pro Am a try actually. Can you customise the team name and logo on Pro Am too as well as the court & jerseys? That would be class.

Yupp - Fecking Eejits and Boston Celtic fella are a place holder :) Last year, you could download other peoples custom images and there was some savage ones. So far, you can only use templates by 2K so will check again later.

Basically, you level up your team as you play as them, then when you hit pro level, you can customize the court and jersey which was one of the best additions last year. You get sponsors as well and level up enough, you get extra vc from the sponsors you show off in the court.

Lads we all need to grind them badges its all the boosts you need seriously. I know I sound like an old head master but it really is a HUGH BOOST. I was hitting shots last night in my park that were heavily contested and they were still going in....

I got my HOF (Hall Of Fame) teardropper badge today grinding for the tireless shooter badge....I think it might be glitched as I am trying to get it for ages now and have deffo hit the requirements for it. I taught I had it already but it was a different bronze badge.

We be on later for a few hoops might bring my Tall Center for the craic.

Ah I'm lucky to get for an hour or 2 a night so no grinding for me. Just gonna stick to the open shots and finding the open man.

Anyone know how to celebrate in career when you're prompted? Is it flick right stick or press the right stick button?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah I'm lucky to get for an hour or 2 a night so no grinding for me. Just gonna stick to the open shots and finding the open man.

Anyone know how to celebrate in career when you're prompted? Is it flick right stick or press the right stick button?

I think its just flick down to celebrate?

If your on Ps4 I can play a few games lads. Playing Center if your in need

Sound man im always late noticing so it might be that as well, have to keep a better eye out for it.

Cool man, what's your psn I'll add you. If you go into pro-am and add yourself to free agency, i can add you to our little team as well

Cool just became a free agent, I think. Sent you a pm with PSN

You only need to celebrate to get the expressive badge, after that it's purely for a giggle. And yes, it's flick the right stick any 4 ways.

Got our first win last night in pro am, was a great feeling and well deserved. We were down by 12 pts at one stage with terrible AI players to boot!

Was that after i headed off? Guess I'm the weak link then :) i didn't see last night but we did get Park rep after the 1st game in proam? That might be just if you walk on to a random game. Did it show any progress for the team leveling up?

• Advertisement

Yeah I bet you are sick as your dog *pun intended lmao.

Ahh no it does make a difference with a center, Gregskys C is only made so he is low rating (late 60s) and it did help. I am deffo gonna invest a few thousand VC into my C and get him up I think he is only 70.

I got alot of VC last night from that game, I got halftime player of the match and full time player of the match and the win bonus VC's...so that was very welcome with 2 players to upgrade.

Currently grinding the Tireless scorer and the Ankle breaker badges so hopefully I will have them by beddie boy time tonight. I was on till 3am grinding like a mad eejit currently 91 and its a slog TBH all that practice.

I also hammered the Cavs 109-70 and Lebron was locked out by Wonda 3oy.

Ya I only got the game on Friday and havnt had a lot of time to play it but Im hoping to be in the 80s in the next few days. Still new to playing Center after being pg for the last few years. Hard to get rebounds over that AI though Its crazy how they grab them even when you go up at the same time.

Their AI centre was ridiculous catching every rebound where as our AI guy was absolute shyte. Looking forward to a few pro am games tonight, level up the crew. Still 6 spaces left on the team on ps4 if anyone wants to jump in.

Just read that to get you're pro am team to pro level, you have to win 10 games. Winning 20 games gets you to elite.

10 is very doable, let's do it lads!

Also, any team name suggestions. Boards Crew atm. We could also be awful gowls and wear matching gear in park. I hate when i see that.

Not too sure about full matching gear but may I suggest we all get the same hat at least.....I think the top hats are gas.

We could be something as simple as the "Fightin' Irish" as we fought hard for that comeback last night and the Boston Celtics logo will suit us down to the ground.

We be on tonight after my playoff games against the bucks. 1-0 to me so far......

Sorted so, my My Team team last year was Fighting Irish with the notew dame fella with his fists up. Won't be able to get him until we unlock custom images but boston celtic fella will do in the mean time. Be in around 11.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sorted so, my My Team team last year was Fighting Irish with the notew dame fella with his fists up. Won't be able to get him until we unlock custom images but boston celtic fella will do in the mean time. Be in around 11.

Was only a suggestion dont have to run with it at all....shame we didnt get a win last night.

Be on laterz again maybe we try to get on a little earlier.

Glad they are fixing the closely contested shots. There were way too many shots being made when i was in the guys face and got 'good defense' score. Also the stick shooting tweak is welcome as well.

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/781893308024926209

I think with the major update and the little tweak updates the last week a few of the badges have got lost in translation for sure, have done the ground work for two and I know this 100% and still have not got them......hope they fix this also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

sorry I havent been on since those initial games lads. Had laser eye on wednesday so visial is temp gone to the dogs lol. Be back to normal tuesday Id say (Y). (No excuse for air balls now)

Advertisement