Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nut Allergy: Recommendation for safe restaurant Killarney

Options
  • 08-08-2016 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi all,

We have a 6 year old who was diagnosed before christmas with a severe nut allergy after she became ill in a local cafe. Since then we have not eaten out in a restaurant with her as we are trying to adapt to her condition and daily life has become quite restricted with e.g eating, school, birthday parties etc. In particular going out to eat will be a difficult hurdle to overcome.

We hope to travel to Killarney for a short visit to family shortly and am wondering would anyone here have experience of a nut allergy and eating out in Killarney and any particular places that you had a positive, comforting, understanding experience in that you were confident to eat there safely. We have the general advice in relation to eating out e.g. phone the restaurant ahead of your visit and talk to the chef/manager etc. Thanks a lot in advance for any tips/advice/recommendations

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note: I've moved this to the Kerry forum because I'm not sure we have many posters in the Food forum who are in the area so you're much more likely to get helpful replies here. There will still be a link to the thread in the Food forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The only place that i've seen that mentioned peanuts/peanut free in their menu is the new Asian Street Food place but it's not children friendly with its menu. You'll just have to ring up any place before hand to be safe.

Advertisement