Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rubber Sealants

• 08-08-2016 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Watching US tv, there's an ad for Flex Seal sealants, a rubber coating which you can either spray or paint on. It looks great, but I'm only seeing US websites selling it, where the shipping makes it too high a price.

Is there an equivalent product on sale in Irish DIY stores ?

This is the main site I've seen for it http://flexsealproducts.com/

I've a metal garden shed with more leaks than a swiss cheese, and this might just do the job for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭martin6651

Got some thing like that in B&Q a while ago (cant remember name of product)to do some repairs to my shed roof. A bit expensive but did what I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

martin6651 wrote: »
    Got some thing like that in B&Q a while ago (cant remember name of product)to do some repairs to my shed roof. A bit expensive but did what I wanted.

Thanks, I'm prepared to pay for it, as I can't store anything in the shed the way it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Cerco

Rito Waterstop made by Bostik. Try Chadwickes or B&Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Cerco wrote: »

Thanks I'll check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin City Handyman

Cerco wrote: »
    Water stop is what your looking for.. Make sure you clean the area well first.. And apply tin coats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gallagher93

Hi did you ever paint over the rito waterstop? I painted over it and it seemed to dry but now two weeks later the paint has re liquefied and is coming of the walls

Advertisement