Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Towel Drier for Bathroom

Options
  • 08-08-2016 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Hello!
    I am thinking about getting this towel drier for my bathroom http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prem-i-Air-Heated-Bathroom-Kitchen-Clothes-Towel-Radiator-Airer-Drier-Rail-1584-/321601227034

There is a room adjacent to the bathroom and I would like to make a small hole in the wall and send the wire through to be plugged and powered in the adjacent room.
    Is this safe to do this?
    My brother reckons it might be iffy as the wire on the device should be sealed appropriately against water and breaking the seal might compromise it.
    What do you think?

Thank you

P.S. Sorry I'm on a mobile device and can't remember the code to make link clickable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Does anyone know?
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I would think that appliance is not designed to be used in a bathroom. The switch for example.

Also the heater is not fixed to the wall.

Sockets are not allowed in the bathroom.

It is dangerous to plug in the device and have it in the bathroom.

You would need to get a propper fixed electric radiator and wire it properly to a fixed point in the bathroom and switched from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

There are very specific wiring rules regarding bathroom heaters and what you are planning to do would not comply.

"dingding wrote: »
    Sockets are not allowed in the bathroom.

It is dangerous to plug in the device and have it in the bathroom.

The device would be plugged into an adjacent room (via a hole in the wall that would be sealed). No sockets in bathroom.
    Would this be ok?

Ok I saw this on the ESB website:

"Portable appliances such as hairdryers, radios or heaters must not be used in the bathroom, even if plugged in outside the bathroom."

Thank you for your replies.
    I think I might get the device and use it in my bedroom instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement