Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do i have to retake theory test?

• 08-08-2016 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

My learner permit just recently expired on the 29th of july i first got it in 2014.

Im just wondering do i need to retake my theory test in order to get a new one? i wanted to start my lessons soon so just wondering about this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

No. Your permit would have had to have been expired for 5 years or more for you to have to start over. You can renew your permit at your leisure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

cantdecide wrote: »
    No. Your permit would have had to have been expired for 5 years or more for you to have to start over. You can renew your permit at your leisure.

will i need to get it renewed before im able to take the lessons or will i be able to go ahead as is?

will i need to get it renewed before im able to take the lessons or will i be able to go ahead as is?

Not sure on the legality side of it, but the instructor might insist on you having a learner's permit in your possession while under instruction. Mine did, anyway. Maybe check with them, first?

Advertisement