Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast lights up but doesnt come onto TV

• 08-08-2016 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Anyone had this problem before? A free fake 50 for the person who solves my problem!

Yes im on the right HDMI channel and yes everythings plugged in. Just have the blue "no signal" screen on the TV

Thanks!

Comments

Reboot it from the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Have you a light on the Chromecast itself?

Edit; Sorry. I just read the title.

What colour is the light?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

sligojoek wrote: »
    Have you a light on the Chromecast itself?

Edit; Sorry. I just read the title.

What colour is the light?

Seems to depend on the adaptor im using to plug it in with. Latest blinks red and white

Cant reboot it from app as it the app cant see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Have you tried it in another HDMI port?

guylikeme wrote: »
    Seems to depend on the adaptor im using to plug it in with. Latest blinks red and white

Cant reboot it from app as it the app cant see it.
    It should stay white. Is it your first time using it? Or has it been working all along.
    Some older routers are not compatible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

sligojoek wrote: »
    It should stay white. Is it your first time using it? Or has it been working all along.
    Some older routers are not compatible

Was working all along. Had changed the ac adaptor for using it (alas the "good" one) is in work.

Probably the reason but wft wouldnt it work with basically any of them. They all charge the phone just fine

Maybe the cable from the PSU/charger is playing up. I had trouble with cheap ones before.

Try plugging into the TVs USB. They recommend mains power but I run mine off the TV all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-moved to the electronics forum. Please read the local charter before posting.

Any luck since?

Advertisement