Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Test+insurance but no log book - can it go to UK?

• 08-08-2016 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Waiting on log book for new purchase. Tested and insured. Can I take car to UK? Get someone to tax it here when the book comes through? No change of registration showing online yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Won't matter if it doesn't have tax outside the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 optimist16

I hadn't thought that far ", Do you reckon I'd get it on ferry ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

optimist16 wrote: »
    I hadn't thought that far ", Do you reckon I'd get it on ferry ok?

If only bought you most likely will be OK but guards can do you.

If you have proof of purchase keep with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It might not be ok.
    UK makes sure foreign cars comply with laws in home country regarding taxation, registration and insurance.
    You might not get nabbed by the ANPR but a checkpoint could get you in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

biko is right.

You probably would get away with it, but it's wrong for anyone to tell you that you don't need to have it fully compliant with Irish regulations when abroad. You should also carry the logbook too, plus NCT and Insurance certs.

Having said that I've never been stopped in multiple journeys to the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

biko wrote: »
    It might not be ok.
    UK makes sure foreign cars comply with laws in home country regarding taxation, registration and insurance.
    You might not get nabbed by the ANPR but a checkpoint could get you in trouble.

UK ANPR will not have access to Irish motor tax databases.

Advertisement