Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation for a young couple in Limericak

• 08-08-2016 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭

Hello, I have a friend starting collage soon in UL and she is looking for a place to stay with her boyfriend.. They dont mind sharing.. Can anyone recommend somewhere close to UL thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Not a suggestion of a place, but I will say, its a busy time of year, so they need to get moving fast if they see something. Once college places are offered it will be madness.

Do they drive, or want to walk/public transport for college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I would agree with the previous poster and urge your friends to act quickly. I work in UL, and the campus accomodation group recently issued a warning about a lack of accomodation for the upcoming term. They have even requested that residents of the Castletroy area consider renting out spare rooms to students - due to unprecedeneted demand. Two areas I would recommend for a flat suitable for a couple would be Cois Ghruda down past Groody roundabout, and Glanntan in Monaleen. Both are roughly 5 min drive (10-15 min bike) from UL but might be a bit on the expensive side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Every place I see says "No Couples"

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Break up! :D

I'll get me coat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha thank you for the helpfull replies and for the other two ill say nought :)... Oh yes I know the sooner the better, but me thinks she was advised late of the placement and so is in a rush to get sorted. thanks for all i shall advise

• Advertisement

On the other sorry, they would be walkers and public transport

This couple are still looking if anyone has any other usefull, ideas :) SUch a shame to see as the lady in question is making such a start at life, getting trains and buses now to limerick daily...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Milly33 wrote: »
    This couple are still looking if anyone has any other usefull, ideas :) SUch a shame to see as the lady in question is making such a start at life, getting trains and buses now to limerick daily...

Not sure if it is helpful or not but i charge 5500 per room per academic year for a single person. At that im full and could fill 10 times that.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

Out of interest, does anyone know what Ballantyne Place on Steamboat Quay is like as a place to live? No interest in moving there myself, but they are pretty big, decent looking duplexes with nice views of the river and there are quite a few of them for sale at the moment. I never knew they existed until I saw them on Daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

wigsa100 wrote: »
    Out of interest, does anyone know what Ballantyne Place on Steamboat Quay is like as a place to live? No interest in moving there myself, but they are pretty big, decent looking duplexes with nice views of the river and there are quite a few of them for sale at the moment. I never knew they existed until I saw them on Daft.

Steamboat Quay is a ghetto in my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Tefral wrote: »
    It seems like this development (and others in the area) has never collected/spent enough management fees to maintain and modernize. They have been slowly (and now not so slowly) rotting since the day they were finished.

OTOH, as landlords flee the sinking steamboat, it looks like a great opportunity for an up-and-coming slumlord. 60-80k for apartments yielding 7.5k in rent...

Tefral wrote: »

Agree wholeheartedly. I just thought these places looked like a step up from the rest of what's on offer there.

It seems like this development (and others in the area) has never collected/spent enough management fees to maintain and modernize. They have been slowly (and now not so slowly) rotting since the day they were finished.

OTOH, as landlords flee the sinking steamboat, it looks like a great opportunity for an up-and-coming slumlord. 60-80k for apartments yielding 7.5k in rent...

Thinking the same myself. Go back two years and they were going for 35k a pop!

Advertisement