Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity MasterChef Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The previous hosts Dylan McGrath and Nick Munier are not back.

Good.

They need hosts with personality.

Off the top of my head and limited knowledge of Irish Chefs... I vote Derry Clarke to be there. Seems right for TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Please no Marco Pierre White

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts Monday January 16th on TV3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Just a little reminder: Celebrity Masterchef starts tonight on TV3 @ 10pm

Celeb%20MasterCh.jpg

The Contestants:

Sonia O’Sullivan (46) One of the country’s most successful athletes.

Samantha Mumba (33) Singer and Actress

Evelyn Cusack (51) Weather forecaster

Holly Carpenter (24) Model

Niamh Kavanagh (46) Eurovision winner and singer Model and TV personality

Nadia Forde (27) Model and TV personality

Colm O’Gorman (50) Director of Amnesty Ireland

Simon Delaney (45) Actor and Saturday AM’ presenter

Mundy (41) Singer/Songwriter

Oisin McConville (40) Retired GAA footballer

Judges: British Michelin-starred chef Daniel Clifford and Dublin chef Robin Gill.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/tensions-expected-to-boil-over-on-celebrity-masterchef-35371014.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Have a strange urge to shop in D.I.D

Adverts already :(

I hate TV3 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Daniel Clifford! Couldn't think of his name. Have seen him on great british menu and Saturday kitchen. Now he's reached the great heights of tv3 ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Do you think Colm grew up on eating duck?

RobertKK wrote: »
    Do you think Colm grew up on eating duck?
    Not a chance, he is being all pretentious :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I thought Evelyn's lamb looked good.

I wonder did Oisin get some cookery lessons???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Lol I love how oisin drinks outta the water bottle like hes just picked it up off the side line mid stoppage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

I thought that was good, ill tune in again for the next episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How did I miss that this was starting??? :eek:

Caught it on the +1 and recorded it - just watching now.

Who are the two chefs :confused: Never heard of either of 'em!

Interesting line-up of contestants!

Holy God :eek:

Judges laughing (uproariously) on MC??? :confused:

Has hell frozen over? Are those pigs I see flying past my window?

This is most unsettling!

My head is absolutely melted watching these two good-humoured, positive, well-wishing judges - when we've had the other miserable pair putting a downer on everyone who turned up in previous series!

What a turnaround.

Anyone know where it was filmed?

:eek:

Did the answer sheet for the second test seriously read "palette test"???

:eek:

(I'm no cook, but yes I'm a bit of a grammar/spelling nazi, and cannot believe that got past the editors!!!)

Apart from the spelling clangers, what a hugely difficult/complex test for them all! Esp poor Oisin, I'm dreading seeing how he copes with it!!!

ETA no idea where that thumbs down in the title line came from!

Colm O'Gorman is FAR too confident!

Did Oisin just mutter (very loudly) "BAAASTARD"??? :eek:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭rebelgourmet

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    My head is absolutely melted watching these two good-humoured, positive, well-wishing judges - when we've had the other miserable pair putting a downer on everyone who turned up in previous series!

What a turnaround.

Anyone know where it was filmed?

A warehouse in Dun Laoghaire harbour I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Colm O'Gorman is FAR too confident!

Yes!
    Right now he's looking like a much too obvious winner. Hope a challenger presents themselves next week. I want to see him under some pressure! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Just catching up with the repeat now on TV3. Presumably we're going to be having an abortion referendum relatively soon, and assuming Colm O'Gorman will be a prominent spokesperson for the pro-abortion campaign.... Just wondering if either Breda O'Brien or David Quinn were invited to appear (neither of whom are celebrities, but then again, neither is O'Gorman), I'd imagine the pro-choice/abortion campaigners would be up in arms at the thought of them being featured in a programme like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Just catching up with the repeat now on TV3. Presumably we're going to be having an abortion referendum relatively soon, and assuming Colm O'Gorman will be a prominent spokesperson for the pro-abortion campaign.... Just wondering if either Breda O'Brien or David Quinn were invited to appear (neither of whom are celebrities, but then again, neither is O'Gorman), I'd imagine the pro-choice/abortion campaigners would be up in arms at the thought of them being featured in a programme like this?

Was it celebrity chef or Vincent Browne you were watching?

Was it celebrity chef or Vincent Browne you were watching?

It doesn't matter. The man is getting media coverage and recognition that will be beneficial to his side come the referendum.

It doesn't matter. The man is getting media coverage and recognition that will be beneficial to his side come the referendum.

So, a media blackout then, no one who may represent either side of the a possible future campaign should be allowed on TV or other media?

So, a media blackout then, no one who may represent either side of the a possible future campaign should be allowed on TV or other media?

Not necessarily, but I'm wondering about the motives behind O'Gorman being chosen as a participant on this programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Colm O Gorman is well known for Amnesty and the Ferns Inquiry being a senator. The abortion referendum wouldn't have crossed my mind. MC is not a media platform to promote/debate a political position on anything so not sure why they would need the likes of Mullen or Quinn to give a balanced view on abortion while prepping the veg.

Not necessarily, but I'm wondering about the motives behind O'Gorman being chosen as a participant on this programme.

Get over yourself, there is no conspiracy theory with master chef.

And if your concern is based on giving someone who is pro having access to the media, perhaps you should also ask about Quinn's regular columns in the independent etc.

• Advertisement

Get over yourself, there is no conspiracy theory with master chef.

And if your concern is based on giving someone who is pro having access to the media, perhaps you should also ask about Quinn's regular columns in the independent etc.

Hardly comparable with somebody appearing on a TV show.

You can say what you like, but the inclusion of a person who will almost certainly be a major figurehead for the pro-abortion side in an upcoming referendum will do no harm to their "cause".

Advertisement