Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity MasterChef Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Hardly comparable with somebody appearing on a TV show.

You can say what you like, but the inclusion of a person who will almost certainly be a major figurehead for the pro-abortion side in an upcoming referendum will do no harm to their "cause".

You are absolutely right, comparing a reality TV show about cooking with a daily column in a national newspaper by the Iona institute is hardly comparable

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

You are absolutely right, comparing a reality TV show about cooking with a daily column in a national newspaper by the Iona institute is hardly comparable

Indeed, because David Quinn will hardly be recognisable to the majority of the population while O'Gorman will be a familiar face due to his television appearances on Celebrity Masterchef.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD:
    Enough about the abortion debate.

Back on topic.

Food!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Eating raw meat, I feel sick.

RobertKK wrote: »

Common enough though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

I like the judges, especially Daniel, nice manner about them.

Was surprised Sonia went before Nadia, thought she shaded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

RobertKK wrote:

Lovely with a poached egg on top! Yum!

I like the judges, especially Daniel, nice manner about them.

Was surprised Sonia went before Nadia, thought she shaded it.

Yeah, I hate "reality" TV (especially the staged ones), couldn't watch this if the presenters were harsh eyc

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Forgot the bloody thing was on Mondays, so only watching back now....

- euuuwww to tasting raw mince :eek:

- why do people (including, apparently, people of Italian descent) say parmezhan? :confused: Doesn't concur with any Italian pronunciation I ever learned....

- how has that English chef never tasted bacon and cabbage? Seriously? He with 2 michelin stars and all??? I'm calling shenanigans!

- what's with all the "I'm only on this to learn" malarkey. If you haven't learned before you came on, you'll be out the door surely? It's not a bleeding cookery course.

(God, I'm cranky. And I'm not even half way through!)

OK, so halfway, and no disasters - bar Simon's raw lamb :eek:

Feck me, I've never heard of half of what yer man is cooking with!

Talk about throwing them in the deep end.

• Advertisement

Why did Sonia leave half the ingredients off the plate but offer them to them as they were tasting? :confused:

Oh God, Sonia like a puppy that's just been smacked, and then almost crying :eek:

To be fair, there were no complete car crashes there (now if you'd put that plate of scallop-whatsit in front of me and asked me to replicate it.....)

This actually could shape up to be an OK series!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Caught up on the first two shows last night and I'm pleasantly surprised with how good it is. Normally when Irish TV try to do "reality shows" they are a disaster.

I love the two judges, Daniel and Robin. Their interaction with the contestants and each other make good viewing. I thought Robin dish in the palette test was very hard. Fair play to the contestants as they all made a good attempt at it. I thought Nadia would have gone before Sonia though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ugh that 'pah-me-shaaaaaaauwn' thing gets on my nerves too HeidiHeidi, someone close to me says it and I want to give them a smack every time!
    Everything went down well in the first challenge, I figured Samantha would have some unusual flavours under her belt because of having non-Irish influences growing up but i didn't realise Nadia was from an Italian family too.
    Never came across the judges before, their table manners are shockingly bad :D

Nobody watching tonight???

I'm just home from work and catching up - looks like proper carcrash potential already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Great series so far. Loving Simon Delaney. Lots of swearing from all involved lol

Holy God, WHAT has Oisin done with that ostrich :eek::eek:

Simon Delaney is a class act alright :D

Mind you, if you put that lot of ingredients in front of me, I'd swear like a drunken sailor as well!

Ugh, Colm O'Gorman is to MC what Dr. Eva is to Strictly..... unbearable, smug and really, REALLY irritating :mad:

And could someone tell that commentator that Ballantine is whisky - a ballotine is what Oisin cooked (although it looks more like a turd :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Holy God, WHAT has Oisin done with that ostrich :eek::eek:

Simon Delaney is a class act alright :D

Mind you, if you put that lot of ingredients in front of me, I'd swear like a drunken sailor as well!

The ostrich was completely unrecognisable! Although it wasn't recognisable to any of them before it was cooked either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Yeah you'd almost think it was the 'real' masterchef. No craic outta him at all. Perfecting michelin star winning dishes at home before the show. Hes the type of person who when at school, came out of an exam saying ' oh I didn't even study, I got everything wrong '....... then gets 100% and smirks!

• Advertisement

I'm surprised Mundy didn't get ahead of Simon's pie in that first round, after they raving about how brave he was to cook the meat, and how well he'd cooked it......

Waiting on Nadia to amputate an arm here :eek:

Every time they interview Evelyn, my heart rate doubles!

The stress!!!!

Ah here - HOW did Evelyn (raw quiche, anyone?), and Oisin (ostrich turd?) for that matter, survive, and Nadia get kicked out??? I'm calling shenanigans on that!

1st one of these I watched tonight, have to say I was expecting far worse. Better job done than RTE at least. I'd actually welcome a regular version now if they have a high standard of contestants

Just finished watching back tonight's episode.

The right contestant went, that's for sure.

I've said it before, but how lovely it was to see the judges joking and messing with the contestants (specifically Simon near the start but they've been great all the way through), and all the encouragement they gave them. WHAT a contrast to previous series!

And the loveliest thing of all was to see Oisin coming out of his shell at the very end - finally!!! He's been like a rabbit caught in the headlights all the way along, and he just blossomed tonight - that whoop as he was leaving the judges was brilliant, made me LOL :D

It's nice to see a competition where the judging is done only by professionals and the public aren't let near it (Dancing With The Stars, I'm lookin' at you) - talent will win out in the end. Unfortunately I suspect that means that Colm will be nearly guaranteed the win - I don't know what it is but I just cannot warm to him, it's like he's gone in knowing he's the best and he's just a bit smug about it?

Anyway, I'm rooting for Samantha and Niamh to sneak up the outside track and overtake him! And as for Mundy - who knows what he'll be capable of!

Restaurant kitchens will be VERY interesting!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I'm finding it very hard to warm to this series. Not a lot of love of cooking in evidence as regards most of the contestants. Am rooting for Samantha, who I think is a real star.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Just watched the episode shown on the 6th Feb where Evelyn was eliminated - has there been another episode since then? It was shown on Mondays initially but I just looked for it on my Sky planner and it looks like there was no episode last night but will be on Thursdays from now on, is that right or have I missed one?
    Thanks!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Just watched the episode shown on the 6th Feb where Evelyn was eliminated - has there been another episode since then? It was shown on Mondays initially but I just looked for it on my Sky planner and it looks like there was no episode last night but will be on Thursdays from now on, is that right or have I missed one?
    Thanks!
    I had it in my head that it should be on Monday as well! But then there it wasn't.

Then I just thought I was confused (easily done sometimes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

They did announce at the end of the show that it would be on Thursday. Contestants being sent to three top clazss restaurants.

• Advertisement

Eyepatch wrote: »
    They did announce at the end of the show that it would be on Thursday. Contestants being sent to three top clazss restaurants.
    Fair play for listening in to the end!

As soon as there's a smell of adverts in the air I'm scrambling for the remote :D

Any word on what restaurants they're being sent to?

Advertisement