Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Computer Applications to Enterprise Computing.

Options
  • 08-08-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I just finished first year of computer applications and I definitely was struggling with programming II last semester. I really liked and got on well in most of my other modules. I have been thinking that enterprise computing might suit me better. Does anyone have experience of switching after first year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jamezzyboyoo

Hey Orangeapple. I'm a second year CA student at the moment, but I've been class rep and on the SU this year as well.

Firstly don't stress, you are not the first CA student to ask themselves this and you won't be the last either!! I know a few who have done this, or switched from CA to CPSSD or EC to CA, and they go on to be even more motivated in their studies.

If you're struggling with Programming II and you feel as though you really did try your best with programming and tried your best to figure out how the code works, then maybe this is the right course of action for you.

Enterprise Computing is a computing mixed in with business, so the first question you need to ask yourself is would you like the business element of the course, and if not, then maybe it's better to stick with CA and just work a bit more on the programming side of things. If you wouldn't mind this then I would proceed to get in contact with some of the second year EC's and ask them how they found second year of EC.

Second year of CA is difficult, and you really do need to study as you go along and make sure you understand how the code your using works, because it's way too much to leave to the last week before exams! Also which degree would you rather see yourself with at graduation?

Advertisement